My Cat Threw Up

Sadafraza

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi guys,
Is it normal for cats to throw up. My kitten is almost 6 months old and this is the second time it’s happening. He just ate food and not even a minute after he finished his bowl he threw up. He threw up everything back undigested.
This happened before as well but I’ve two kittens so I never actually saw which one was the one who threw up. But now I’m assuming it was Loki who threw up right now.
I read online that it might be because he eats really fast but I’m not sure and I’m concerned right now.
He ate canned food by the way.

Thanks.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! Well, not necessarily normal...
Can you give them smaller meals more frequently, and also can you put something in the bowl/dish, like a bottle cap, to slow down the eating?

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If there is no behavior change and no litter box changes, it most likely is just eating too quickly. You can try the smaller meals, more frequently. You can also try putting a ping pong ball or foil ball in the bowl to make him eat around it and thereby smaller. There are also puzzle feeders you can build or buy that will force him to slow down on the eating.

If you don't see an improvement please let us know, but generally this tends to be a fairly common and fairly simple type of thing.

Wile

Opener of cans
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Not normal, but not necessarily a cause for alarm. Is your kitten vomiting or regurgitating?