My Cat Tail Is Broken???

Selena800

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat end of the tail u can see hv lost of matte i don’t know how to remove it because it so close to skin I tried to cut it but he doesn’t let me i went to but shaving machine the guy said don’t do it because it can rip he’s skin off if u don’t know how to use now for some months im shortage of money so i was waiting today I noticed when I touched he’s tail it feels like small bumps 2 or 1 he doesn’t let me touch it is he’s tail broken ?? Is it possible?? Pls help im so scared
Im going to take him to vet and get xray
Buy is it possible because of hair?

Attachments

silkenpaw

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! What’s your cat’s name? Can you post a photo of him?

It’s very hard to tell what’s going on from looking at the photo. I think you are right to take him to the vet. You may not need an X-ray, just an exam by someone who understands the anatomy. Good luck. Please come back and let us know what happens.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Selena800

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! What’s your cat’s name? Can you post a photo of him?

It’s very hard to tell what’s going on from looking at the photo. I think you are right to take him to the vet. You may not need an X-ray, just an exam by someone who understands the anatomy. Good luck. Please come back and let us know what happens.
The end of the tail which is matted that area feels like this i saw hes skin a little big it doesn’t look red or anything but it feels like inside is swollen or like bump I don’t know how to explain it in my area vet are not good i will go and take xray but I don’t know they will understand or no and how to remove the matted fur he’s very scared i can not take him to somewhere that they will shave he gets scared and starts panting
One more thing is it possible to break tail because it was heavy mean matted hair was heavy

silkenpaw

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Anything is possible, but I think there would have to be a lot more matting for a fracture to occur.

I do think there is likely more than just matting going on if he reacts so violently. Maybe the bump is an infection and he is not grooming his tail because it hurts. But it has to get looked at if you want to help him.

If it is just matting, you have to be very careful when removing it because it’s very easy to cut the cat’s skin. I usually cut off just half of the mat, very often the rest of it can be separated with your fingers and then combed out.

Good luck and let us know what happens.

Selena800

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Anything is possible, but I think there would have to be a lot more matting for a fracture to occur.

I do think there is likely more than just matting going on if he reacts so violently. Maybe the bump is an infection and he is not grooming his tail because it hurts. But it has to get looked at if you want to help him.

If it is just matting, you have to be very careful when removing it because it’s very easy to cut the cat’s skin. I usually cut off just half of the mat, very often the rest of it can be separated with your fingers and then combed out.

Good luck and let us know what happens.
Here more close up look
He’s skin looks normal
But inside feels like lump

Selena800

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat end of the tail u can see hv lost of matte i don’t know how to remove it because it so close to skin I tried to cut it but he doesn’t let me i went to but shaving machine the guy said don’t do it because it can rip he’s skin off if u don’t know how to use now for some months im shortage of money so i was waiting today I noticed when I touched he’s tail it feels like small bumps

Selena800

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So i asked about my cat tail not many people replyed and i went and took xray can anyone tell me how the xray looks one vet is coming now to home but I don’t trust him other vets which is good are far my cat also very scared of out side
I will explain it the place at the end where he’s hait is matted that place feels like lump i hv lump in my eyes it doesn’t look if u see when u touch it u will understand it’s the same with my cat tail outside it’s normal inside when touch it feels like lump i took xray other vets are not replying me and pls if someone knows good vet can u send pic to them and ask
The vet which I called is coming home visit but I don’t trust
Hlep

Attachments

Erinlinkcappy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Where did you get an X-ray machine from? Did the vet X-ray??

Is he in any pain - I think that’s the most important first step. My cat had a hurt tail and would hold it funny. Is he sitting like normal? Is he licking it? If he’s not in pain or showing signs of discomfort you should be ok to take your time. I personally am inclined to think it’s bad matting of the fur and you should go to a cat groomer.

Selena800

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Is he in any pain - I think that’s the most important first step. My cat had a hurt tail and would hold it funny. Is he sitting like normal? Is he licking it? If he’s not in pain or showing signs of discomfort you should be ok to take your time. I personally am inclined to think it’s bad matting of the fur and you should go to a cat groomer.
I took xray from one place at xray for all animals vet said it not broken but what do u see?
I don’t trust that vet
He doesn’t look like he’s in pain
Yeah he licks it sometimes to get the matted fur off but he’s very happy and active cat
Im just worried why it’s like lump inside outside is ok the vet gv injection and said sowing will go down i hope it will be good till tomorrow

Selena800

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

And
I took xray from one place at xray for all animals vet said it not broken but what do u see?
I don’t trust that vet
He doesn’t look like he’s in pain
Yeah he licks it sometimes to get the matted fur off but he’s very happy and active cat
Im just worried why it’s like lump inside outside is ok the vet gv injection and said sowing will go down i hope it will be good till tomorrow

Swelling * and yeah he is sitting normally

Selena800

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Why don't you trust the vet?
Because he came he inject and fast said gv me money and went and I asked why happened like this he said maybe because somewhere was wet I didn’t understand what he was talking he said tomorrow i will come and cut the matted hair with
scissor
Im not giving my baby to that man
If he cut my babys skin
No I don’t trust anyone

war&wisdom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure exactly what happened, and there may well be reason not to trust this vet, but I think he's saying that the cat's tail got wet somehow and that this caused the matting.

What did the vet inject? Did he explain why?