My Cat Sweet Gabriel Saved My Life

rhianablue

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'll sum it briefly. I was upstairs boyfriend passed out me drunk from drunk scrabble game. My cat got very very edgy. Kept looking towards stairs. I thought possum on porch. As I was 3 steps down,I saw a man's hand reaching to unlock front door. There were 3 men inside already,my tv was loud so they knew we were home,awake . I ran sprinting aftwr them,they all scatteted cuz of disturbing threats i was making towards them. I think they wouldve robbed us,then killed us. I know because they aren't worried about me being awake. My cat acting like that,is what started me towards bad guys. God bless my angel cat,Gabriel,died at age 16..

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness, I got goosebumps reading your post! What proof of that 'connection' we have with our beloved babies!
Being 'loosened up' form your drinking most likely allowed you to really connect and open yourself up to what your little one was telling you. Thank God you never doubted it, and took heed! Cats can hear and sense danger a lot easier and far earlier than we do, but mine just take off and hide, at least your sweet Gabriel gave you warning! Gabriel means 'strong man, hero, of God', and the angel Gabriel was often the messenger of God in the bible. There is no doubt in my mind that your Gabriel was chosen to deliver a special message to you!
Don't ever doubt your bond with that sweet angel, he repaid you for saving his his own life and thanked you for the home and the love you gave him. If his bond is that strong, don't be surprised to receive other visits from him though his physical presense is no longer here. The 'essence' that makes up who he is is still tied to your soul, nothing, and noone, can ever take that from you. It is a part of of you, a part of your heart and soul. "Death cannot take that which never dies". Your love is spiritual, so eternal.
He will be forever as close as your thoughts and prayers, so send him ones of finding joy and happiness in life, he lives on through you now. Do not dwell on the sadness, but on his life and what it meant to you. That life is so much more important and precious. He was meant to be in your life, and will continue to be, as long as you are alive.
My heart goes out to you, I know how much he meant to you, and how much he will be missed. It hurts, it hurts for a long time. But time will slowly heal your broken heart, and one day you will greet his memory with a smile and peace in your heart, instead of tears. So for now, just take one day at a time....
RIP precious Gabriel. You will never be forgotten, you will forever have a secure place in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sorry for your loss. Really sorry. I hope that your grief and sadness cease in time, and you will get to think of Gabriel with only a smile in your lips, and not a tear in your eyes.

It is amazing how we bond with our pets, that most often we depend on them and they to us for survival and safety. Our pets have become extensions of our being, that when we feel pain or happiness, they get to pick up these emotions from us. When they feel that we are threatened, their instinct to protect us also kicks in.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Gabriel, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever!

And now he still watches after you, still loves you...unseen, but always near.