My cat ran out of wet food so I made wet food with what I had

Jadeloveshercat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So my cats ran out of wet food, and I know cats need moisture in they’re diet so I made a temporary fix. Will it be fine for a few days until I get payed? Ingredients:
*Organic ground beef (boiled)
*Wellness kibble
* A small amount of green beans and diced *carrots
*Water
*Organic low sodium chicken bone broth
this is all blended into the same texture as they’re normal wet food.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m no expert on cat nutrition but I have had to, “ make do” with feeding large numbers of ferals. My vet has me give some beef to my Felv cat when he is a bit down. I have made a mix of kibble, bone broth and cooked white rice with a bit of chicken meat for ferals before when I had over a hundred to feed. As long as there is no seasoning like onions or garlic in that broth and the sodium is very low, it seems like it should get you by. Does kitty like it? That will probably be the determining factor. My cats will snitch a green bean off my plate if I don’t watch out. Lol

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jadeloveshercat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I’m no expert on cat nutrition but I have had to, “ make do” with feeding large numbers of ferals. My vet has me give some beef to my Felv cat when he is a bit down. I have made a mix of kibble, bone broth and cooked white rice with a bit of chicken meat for ferals before when I had over a hundred to feed. As long as there is no seasoning like onions or garlic in that broth and the sodium is very low, it seems like it should get you by. Does kitty like it? That will probably be the determining factor. My cats will snitch a green bean off my plate if I don’t watch out. Lol
Yes! My girls love it :) it works and she loves it, although it’s only temporary.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Can you just fed the Wellness kibble? A couple of days of only dry food isn't going to cause any harm. As long as you have a bowl of fresh water available, the cats will be fine and able to get most of their water.

The cooked ground beef is fine but only up to 10% of the diet since you are also feeding kibble.

Green beans and carrots are useless in a cat's diet so I wouldn't bother feeding that. Some cats do enjoy those as a treat, though, so if yours do, a few pieces as a treat is fine.