My cat nose hair,

Wadha

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi,
My cat has lost nose hair, will it grow back and for how long?
FCB6F2C8-13D8-4CE0-A68F-0692A9A1D003.jpeg

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site! Do you know what caused this? It looks a little more severe than I pictured when I saw your heading. Allergy, injury, parasites? The skin looks somewhat injured but that may be the pic. This looks as if you need to call the vet, send the pic, or make an appointment.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It looks like it could possibly be a bite of some sort or some kind of sore.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Wadha

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She had a black substance and when I cleaned it it turned out that she also lost hair.

Wadha

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She had a black substance and when I cleaned it it turned out that she also lost hair.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It could have been many things, black substance is either dried blood, (which would have turned red when cleaned with a damp cloth) or eye discharge, insect bite that had a discharge, etc. which turned black because the bacteria was exposed to air. I would apply a little antibiotic salve (with NO pain killers) and monitor it, It's not oozing or swollen. There are wound sprays for cats at your local farm supply stores like Tractor Supply, etc. spray some on a small piece of cloth and dab it on, cats hate the spraying sound. It takes a LONG time for hair to grow back on a cat. Several months.

Wadha

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It could have been many things, black substance is either dried blood, (which would have turned red when cleaned with a damp cloth) or eye discharge, insect bite that had a discharge, etc. which turned black because the bacteria was exposed to air. I would apply a little antibiotic salve (with NO pain killers) and monitor it, It's not oozing or swollen. There are wound sprays for cats at your local farm supply stores like Tractor Supply, etc. spray some on a small piece of cloth and dab it on, cats hate the spraying sound. It takes a LONG time for hair to grow back on a cat. Several months.
Ok, Thank you so much💖💖💖,