My Cat Keeps Going To Someone Else’s Home, And Is In A Bad Condition When He Comes Back...

RNG

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi,

So my cat went to a neighbors house and they started feeding him after which he kept going back. I have asked them to stop feeding him and they said they have, but still he goes back.
I learnt that the people as a rule don’t own pets (and it makes me wonder why on earth they would feed my cat), so when he goes there they don’t let him in their house and just lets him stay outside on their balcony.
When I went looking for him I found him there and he was in a really bad condition due to the fact that the people there don’t really take care of him when he’s there. Yet he keeps going back every two weeks.

So I was wondering if there’s anything I could do to stop him from going there?

Merlin77

Warrior of SandClan
Super Cat
Purraise
What do you mean by 'bad condition'? Like, dirty and ungroomed or skinny? How long does he stay there?

-Mia-

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What do you mean by 'bad condition'? Like, dirty and ungroomed or skinny? How long does he stay there?
I was wondering the same thing... How long does your cat stay at your neighbors? From your post, it doesn't sound like he's there very long, so I'm wondering how his condition became bad? I hope they're not being mean to him!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

RNG

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He was thinner, he was dirty and his fur was bristly when he came back (usually his fur is very soft) and he was very on edge. Last time I think he also couldn’t find his way back home so he stayed there for longer (he’s usually just gone for a day or two)

Merlin77

Warrior of SandClan
Super Cat
Purraise
He was thinner, he was dirty and his fur was bristly when he came back (usually his fur is very soft) and he was very on edge. Last time I think he also couldn’t find his way back home so he stayed there for longer (he’s usually just gone for a day or two)
Aww, poor kitty. I think in this case you either have to re-train him to stay nearby your house, cat-proof your backyard or restrict his outside access. It won't be healthy if he keeps on getting lost and turning up in bad condition again. :sickcat: