Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SHE had a miscarriage

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

bingbong

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
okay so, i went overseas n someone (MR. B) has to take care of my cat for a while. So my cat went out of the cat house n she was walking around the backyard for a whole night. Until the next day only MR. B found out. my cat is very active n fit. but her belly is big. is she fat or pregnant? shes been vomiting lately. but i just thought she lick something bad. But after i went back, she seemed to be getting bigger n bigger. But i am not sure if shes pregnant or not. Shes been eating more. TODAY she was meowing alot. n she kept going in a cupboard. She sat in there, n my other cat ( FEMALE ) she also went inside n started licking my other cat. So my cat was just sitting there licking each other, i thought they were just being nice. THen she started to lick her private part. n then she went out of the cupboard i had seen she was bleeding. So i carried her, n put her in a toilet. SO i thought she was giving birth, so i put a container ( big) with towels n blankets. Water food n her litter box. IN THE CUPBOARD, there seems to be something like a sack, but its not very big. im not sure what it is. But after tht, my cat has been normal. Shes not being tired and stuff, what does this mean? I am not able to go to the clinic today, i cant drive. plus it is night time. i can only go the next day. SHOULD I BE WORRIED.

Last edited:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, it seems to have been a delivery. It it was a late spontane abort, or a delivery of a dead kitten where she didnt opened the sack - we cant know. Cats usually know what to do, but sometimes the insticnts doesnt kick in, especially if the delivery is premature.

Proceed to watch out - if she seems OK, no visible troubles you can probably wait with the visit to clinic. but if you notice serious problems, off you go. and better safe than sorry!

Can you phone the vet and ask? Or have someone other you can phone and ask? breeder of cats or dogs for example? sometimes its easier to talk on the phone than write.... I, Im better in writing, but I know some others are better at talking...

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Ps. If the dead kitten was premature, she may still have other kittens still inside her, whom will come out when their time arrives...
Do you feel anything moving inside her?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
When did you were away, when did she mated, do you think? What is the count of days??

ps. Dont let her out again till everything has calmed down, and she is spayed.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bingbong

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
When did you were away, when did she mated, do you think? What is the count of days??

ps. Dont let her out again till everything has calmed down, and she is spayed.

I think around early april or end of march. yes she is within my close watch. tomorrow we're going to the vet ! thanks for ur replyyy !

bingbong

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes, it seems to have been a delivery. It it was a late spontane abort, or a delivery of a dead kitten where she didnt opened the sack - we cant know. Cats usually know what to do, but sometimes the insticnts doesnt kick in, especially if the delivery is premature.

Proceed to watch out - if she seems OK, no visible troubles you can probably wait with the visit to clinic. but if you notice serious problems, off you go. and better safe than sorry!

Can you phone the vet and ask? Or have someone other you can phone and ask? breeder of cats or dogs for example? sometimes its easier to talk on the phone than write.... I, Im better in writing, but I know some others are better at talking...
yes she didnt open the sack. but theres definately something inside. but currently she seems really normal. she wants to play n shes really clingy to me. I will definitely go to the vet tomorrow ! THANK U FOR THE REPLY!

bingbong

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ps. If the dead kitten was premature, she may still have other kittens still inside her, whom will come out when their time arrives...
Do you feel anything moving inside her?
it seems that what inside the sack looks kind of small. so i guess they are premature. i touch her belly but i feel like theres bumps like heads u can say. But im not a 100% sure they are moving. Thank u for the reply!

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Let us know how it goes at the vet.

There are significant health benefits to spaying your girls. You should discuss with the vet.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If the dead foetus was much premature, the alive ones wont begin to move as yet. You can begin to feel them move about 2-3 weeks before the expected delivery - depends on.
Before it they feel as you describe it, bumps.
Hopefully it will go OK forward. But its of course touchy, so be observant. Among others, if you notice fever or pus.... If so its immediately to contact the vet.

If the dead was visibly almost done, they COULD be in the birthing positions - in there they dont move that much.
But you should of course notice them moving days earlier - usually its quite apparent, even for someone not very used with palpitating - you even commonly see it with bare eyes.