My cat is rejecting all food, except for tuna

tashpointoh

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My 20 year old taby has started rejecting all food, for days. She ate the wet fancy feast pate (that splits into 2 servings), and Sheba for a while but lately all the food I put out for her, she refuses to eat! She will do this for days. Today is the first day I tried adding some water from human tuna to her fancy feast broth (that she refused to eat earlier) and she went crazy for it- licked the bowl clean. So I went to wear I store all her food to see if I had anymore wet food tuna flavor, and she went crazy for that too! Idk what her deal is?!

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site! If you cat will eat when you add some tuna flavoring, that is fine. At her age, she has to eat, so if tuna entices her I would continue to add a little bit to her cat food. Try not to transition her to human tuna, or allow her to decide that is all that she will eat, as it is not nutritionally complete. If you are seeing an issue with appetite, especially in an older baby, get her to the vet so that any new problems can be addressed.