My cat is nauseated

candie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Now my cat is rarely eating now. I'm worried I don't want her to get disease where she needs a feeding tube.
She is on antibiotics and I don't know what to do.

What should I ask the vet? How do I help her?

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Feeding tubes may sound and look scary but they can save a cat's life. Here's info: Feeding Tubes For Cats

Cerenia is typically used for nausea in cats. Ask the vet about that.

Try the tips here to make food more yummy: Any Good Tips To Get Your Cats To Eat? Share Them Here!

A high calorie prescription canned food such as Hills A/D may be fed until the cat is eating on her own again. Yes, Hills isn't great but the food is pretty appetizing to cats.

This "liver shake" recipe maybe tried: "liver Shake" Recipe For Inappetant Cats

You can ask the vet about this food: Oxbow Animal Health

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Until you can get to the vet, you can syringe feed her. Get a pate style cat food, no chunks or shreds, just the paste, and dilute it with water until it forms a fairly loose slurry. Draw it up into a large (5cc or bigger, 10 is best) syringe, without a needle, of course. Insert the tip gently between her cheek and gum, and slowly inject a little bit at a time into her mouth, giving her time to swallow between "bites." If you do not have, and cannot get, a syringe, you can also use a baby's medicine dropper, which you can buy cheaply just about anywhere.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

candie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Since they got her records from the er vet, they switching her antibiotics, and giving something for her nausea

candie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My usual vet, he gave ne nauseated medicine and new antibiotics. My cat feels better and finally eats. But still picky. I bought these tiki creamy like cat food and ad cat food 😭 these were expensive and she finally eating fancy feast she usually gets. What do I do with these food now, these were expensive 😫
Should I see if she wants it in 3 days if she gets bored of her fancy feast?

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You can return the unopened food to the store for a refund. Check the store refund policy.

If you don't feel that your vet is throwing out band aid treatments for symptoms without getting to the bottom of why your cat is having these issues, you can seek out another vet for an opinion.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My usual vet, he gave ne nauseated medicine and new antibiotics. My cat feels better and finally eats. But still picky. I bought these tiki creamy like cat food and ad cat food 😭 these were expensive and she finally eating fancy feast she usually gets. What do I do with these food now, these were expensive 😫
Should I see if she wants it in 3 days if she gets bored of her fancy feast?
The A/D food is extremely popular with many cats. If it's popular with yours, save it for the next time she stops eating or for disguising supplements or medicine without polluting her regular food. If your cat doesn't like the A/D, you can ask the vet office if they'll take back the cans for credit or refund. Or maybe the vet techs in the office know someone who would be willing to buy the unopened cans off you.

candie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'll probably keep the ad food just incase she gets sick of her food. She's just finicky 😖