My Cat Is Moving Her Babies To All Different Spots Around The House Never Two Babies In The Same Pl

Tori1995

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So my cat just had 5 kittens almost 2 weeks ago and she's been doing great. Except now she has started moving her kittens around the house to random spots and never together today I had to hunt for all five babies who were all in random spots around the house. Is this normal why would she being doing this and what should I do to help? I know it's normal for them to move there babies but I didn't think they put them all in different spots.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I'm not sure why she is putting them in different places, but she does not need access to the whole house for this very reason.

Please close her in one room only with her babies, with her food, water, and litter in the same room also. This will be much less stressful for mama kitty and you, and a great deal safer for her 2-week-old kittens.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Tori1995

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She is normally kept in one room with everything she needs but she meows all the time to come out which I understand she wants to stretch her legs and come cuddle us while babies are sleeping and we use to keep her door open when it was late and kids sleeping so they wouldnt be disturbed by anyone but she could go back whenever the babies started meowing for her and she just recently started moving them

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you keeping mom inside and 100% away from intact males? It's possible that she is restless because she is in heat.

hannah1989

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
After my kitty had her kittens in a box in my living room just a few hours after they was born she moved them all into a under stairs cupboard were its quiet and no one goes so I moved her box there with kittens and ever since she's never tried to move them again she was very settled try somewhere that is quiet and away from the cofuffle of a house and see how she does

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, cats do tend to seek out dark, private places for their babies.