My Cat is losing fur near his whiskers, looks like an infection. Can someone inform me of what it may be?

John and his cats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat is perfectly healthy, he went for a check up a few months ago and there was nothing. Now he has this wound by his whiskers that continues to get worse, the vets are booked and can’t take anyone till March. Can someone inform me of what this may be, please! Thank you!
5C01A13A-C653-44B3-9BDC-CE865355410D.jpeg

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Does your cat go outside where he could have been in a fight, or gotten into something otherwise that provoked some sort of irritation?

Short of that, the possibilities are endless, and without more information to go on - which you are more than welcome to provide - you might try chamomile tea.

Buy chamomile tea bags - you can find them in most any grocery store and generally speaking those are Germain - you don't want English or any flavorings or additives. Brew a bag in water, cool the liquid to room temp and then dab some on that spot with cotton balls or a soft cloth - 2-3 times a day. Chamomile tea, which is a soothing and healing agent, also has anti-bacterial/anti-fungal properties. It is safe for him to ingest should he do so.

Not saying it will resolve the issue, but it might help to tide you over until the appt.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

John and his cats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He is a completely indoor cat, he does not go outside. I do have 3 other cats that are also complete indoor cats, none go out. I was thinking a few things because you are right the possibilities are endless. I was thinking one of the cats scratched him and caused irritation, but it also looks like it could be ring worm.

I will definitely try the tea bags and I appreciate the response thank you!!

John and his cats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I did not think of that, and thinking of it there are no other lesions on the other cats. Maybe it’s an irritation thing and it’s growing from being scratched and irritated.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Is it possible he got into a scuffle with one of the other three cats? Since you can't get into your vet until March can you send this pic to them and ask their advice? Maybe they would squeeze him in sooner. :crossfingers:

John and his cats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes he may have gotten into a scuffle with one of the others:(
And yes I’m going to send a picture because I can’t wait this long!! Thank you so much:)
Hopefully we get him in sooner:)