My cat hasn't been eating for a few days

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Has she ate anything at all the last few days? Has she been drinking? Has she been going to the bathroom like normal?
How many days is a few days?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Bella's Mommy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She been drinking last time she ate she barfed it back up and had runny poop she hasn't eaten since Friday she been to the vet wednesday and everything was fine

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Has she been peeing and pooping since she stopped eating?

How old is she?

Here is a link that has some tips and tricks to try to get her eating

Last edited:

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I highly recommend getting her to the vet. Like the sooner the better. Cats shouldn't go more than 24 hours without eating.

Cats can get fatty liver (hepatic lipidosis) when they stop eating.

Offer anything she may eat.. any treats, food tubes, boiled chicken, stage 2 plain meat baby food make sure it has nothing like onion or garlic added just plain meat flavor, anything is better than nothing

Last edited:

Bella's Mommy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I highly recommend getting her to the vet. Like the sooner the better. Cats shouldn't go more than 24 hours without eating.

Cats can get fatty liver (hepatic lipidosis) when they stop eating.

Offer anything she may eat.. any treats, food tubes, boiled chicken, stage 2 plain meat baby food make sure it has nothing like onion or garlic added just plain meat flavor, anything is better than nothing
She did eat some of her food just now but not all of it

Bella's Mommy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's 10 and she's been peeing but not pooping
I didn't figured she would be pooping but it is good she is peeing. But I would monitor her very closely.
I would still take her to the vet so they can check her over. That's my recommendation because she went so long with no food at all..
Is she strictly an indoor cat or indoor/outdoor?

Bella's Mommy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I didn't figured she would be pooping but it is good she is peeing. But I would monitor her very closely.
I would still take her to the vet so they can check her over. That's my recommendation because she went so long with no food at all..
Is she strictly an indoor cat or indoor/outdoor?
She's never been outside

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's never been outside
Ok I was going to ask if it was a possibility that she maybe eating somewhere else if she did go outside. That's a no though.
I would at the very least call her vet and tell them that she hasn't been eating that the last time she did she puked.. but today she ate however much she ate.. see what they say if they want you to bring her in or if they want you to continue monitoring her.

Bella's Mommy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok I was going to ask if it was a possibility that she maybe eating somewhere else if she did go outside. That's a no though.
I would at the very least call her vet and tell them that she hasn't been eating that the last time she did she puked.. but today she ate however much she ate.. see what they say if they want you to bring her in or if they want you to continue monitoring her.
She is eating now since she coughed up a hairball when she threw up that could have been the cause of her not eating and having runny poo