My Cat has been stolen

enyx

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I had my cat leashed on the Patio, with those double buckle hardness thing with a little bell. I live in an apartment building, since i'm on ground level, its just a patio. No barrier or anything.

She usually like to be out for long period of time but i was worried about letting her free so i wanted to keep her on my patio. And so i did.

At some point during late evening, i went to check on her(i do it a lot, i guess i'm doting?), and she was gone(i guess i wasnt doting enough?), someone broke the buckles from the hardness and left it there, it was pitch dark so i guess it was easier for them to break the harness than remove it? But i digress, my cat is gone.

Its been a few hours now, so it sound likely someone simply took off with her. (I hoped it was just a bad drunk prank?) I guess i failed by not even thinking someone would ever do that and i'm guessing there's nothing i can do? I already talked to my neighbors, everyone is up late around here...

I read a bit about this first, i'm in Canada, but i guess its the same thing here, no point in calling cops (i was thinking maybe they know of a cat smuggling ring? ...lol, just grasping at straws) I mean that doesnt even make sense, we have way too many cats so the shelters are full. Why would people care about MY cat?

Nothing to do but hope its a prank or she manage to flee back to here?

SeventhHeaven

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So sorry that this happened to you! make up posters to print off that she was taken from such and such area at such and such time offer a reward for her safe return - deeply missed by family members. If anyone has any information about this please contact (you) me.

If she's been fixed there's a tattoo and yes you can report the cat stolen find out what the cops say just make a file.

Place some posters in your Lobby with landlords consent, tell as many people in your building as you can. Place in stores, gas stations, any busy public places. Newspapers can be contacted online. Post something in kijiji pet section in case someone tries to sell her.

Keep us updated 

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

enyx

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for you reply...

After several hours of worrying. I heard (two) woman voice directly outside my window, i get up and go check, but i dont see anyone. But my cat comes in.

I dont know what was going on in their head, but i guess losing a 20$ harness is much better than losing my Kitty.

Cat is unharmed but was pretty edgy for a bit, jumping at any noise...

I'd like to have imagined it all(i dont like being suspicious of people around where i live) but the broken hardness dropped in front of my patio door kind of make any scenarios of my cat somehow breaking it (instead of slipping out?) impossible. Beside she wear it all the time and dont mind it. Ugh well, anyways.

You asked me to keep you posted so i figured I'd thank you best by letting you/anyone else know how it ended.

SeventhHeaven

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wonderful Update
Nice Surprise!

Cats and dogs are stolen from yards here so....not unheard of

Good to use a collar with your number on it or a tag with your info or even better

microchip for your own peace of mind (inexpensive through Spca ) just incase.

Give a pat from me ;)  Relief for you have a good day!

Last edited:

kirothecat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Some people steal cats so they can return them and ask for awards. Its great that your cat is back but its best to be with her when shes on the patio. My friends dog got stolen from his backyard with fences and cameras and we never found him, since then i always check if my balcony is closed (we are at a lower level so anyone could jump on the balcony). Its a shame someone would do that but i hope everything is ok now