My cat has been missing. He's like my little brother :(

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hasler the cat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Why was your cat missing? Went on a stroll or someone took her in? Also did she comeback by itself?

hasler the cat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think if he was going to come back on his own he would have done so by now. Your best chance of finding him is to go out and look for him. He might be a few miles away, like the cat @Louann Jude
 was looking after was. 

Are there Lost Pet internet sites that cover the country you live in? Putting up posters, asking neighbours and contacting local shelters will all help. The more eyes you have looking for him the better.
Most cats will loose weight when they go missing, but will hunt some too.

The fact that Hasler is used to going outside is massively in his favour. He knows the area, and almost certainly knows how to hunt too. He won't go totally hungry.

I really hope you find him soon :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes:
Well earlier this year, he was "offering" or bringing some young chicks (literally lol) in our house since it is allowed to raise a small poultry in our subdivision. but he didnt eat it. he just played with it til the chick died. plus he also chases dogs off the street (you know, like pounce-chase thing behavior of cats). thats how confident he is. But still...

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
How's the search going @Hasler The Cat? How far away have you looked? Outdoor cats have their own territory, but if they get displaced from that territory it's difficult for them to get back. If he was chased by something and went further than usual he probably doesn't know which direction his home is.

Keep looking for him. If you go out every day he'll eventually hear your voice and let you know where he is.

Lost Cat posters will help too. I got calls about every single one of my cats that went missing because of the posters I put up. The more people that know you are looking for him the better your chance of finding him.

Good Luck.

hasler the cat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
How's the search going @Hasler The Cat
? How far away have you looked? Outdoor cats have their own territory, but if they get displaced from that territory it's difficult for them to get back. If he was chased by something and went further than usual he probably doesn't know which direction his home is.

Keep looking for him. If you go out every day he'll eventually hear your voice and let you know where he is.

Lost Cat posters will help too. I got calls about every single one of my cats that went missing because of the posters I put up. The more people that know you are looking for him the better your chance of finding him.

Good Luck.
Still no luck. We dont have pounds or shelters here in my town. Registration of pets is not also existing. In short we dont have the system of other countries for pets. So finding lost one is very difficult. Posters are the only way.

No one has responded yet. My hope is trembling...it's about a month now and still no sign of him :( i miss him

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Still no luck. We dont have pounds or shelters here in my town. Registration of pets is not also existing. In short we dont have the system of other countries for pets. So finding lost one is very difficult. Posters are the only way.

No one has responded yet. My hope is trembling...it's about a month now and still no sign of him
i miss him
It's pretty much the same in this country. No shelters, the local pound don't scan for chips and there are so many feral cats around people don't think twice if they see one in the street.

Cats use their sense of smell to find their way home. You could use some cat litter from his litter box or the dust from your vacuum cleaner bag to lay a trail for him to find his way home.

I think posters are the best thing to do. Keep looking for him and ask everyone you meet if they have seen him. You could make some little fliers to hand out to people you meet. People who do gardening or walk their dogs every day are good people to ask. If they know you are looking for your cat they'll tell you if they see one.

I'm sorry you're going through this, I know how heart breaking it is.

sweetums

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hasler the Cat; I took in two kitties, full grown, about two weeks apart. My husband brought up in his arms, a fuzzy female. Two weeks later I noticed a kitty with a broken back leg. He'd hobble away when I tried to bend over to grab him. I couldn't sleep, I had to save this stubborn kitty [emoji]128572[/emoji] I bribed into my kitchen with treats and shut the door and said "I hope you liked being out there, but no-more out there." Well the Vet. said his leg couldn't be in a cast, he had started to heal. On my birthday, they both were fixed, had their shots. And except twice running out, with me right on his tail, (I won) well he did stop the one time, it was raining, [emoji]128576[/emoji]. Max and Baby are still with me. It's been twelve years, Max is having some liver issues, Baby knows her brother is sick, they've been close, they've had many X-mas toys, and cat-nip, maybe Hasler the Cat ended up with somebody who thought he was looking for a home. Don't worry about his collar not being on, they can get tangled up on things. He is a very pretty kitty. Your other two don't sound like they want any other in their territory. Listen to them, they were letting you know things weren't so happy for them. Keep your eyes open. [emoji]128064[/emoji]

hasler the cat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I also asked a vet
It's pretty much the same in this country. No shelters, the local pound don't scan for chips and there are so many feral cats around people don't think twice if they see one in the street.

Cats use their sense of smell to find their way home. You could use some cat litter from his litter box or the dust from your vacuum cleaner bag to lay a trail for him to find his way home.

I think posters are the best thing to do. Keep looking for him and ask everyone you meet if they have seen him. You could make some little fliers to hand out to people you meet. People who do gardening or walk their dogs every day are good people to ask. If they know you are looking for your cat they'll tell you if they see one.

I'm sorry you're going through this, I know how heart breaking it is.

:alright:
We dont use cat litters in our cats. They just go outside and dump on the vacant lot nearby lol. I tried spreading wet cat food in our house and nearby block so he can smell it and maybe come home. But no luck. Tsk. I just wish posters will bring me good results bec honestly our community doesnt care that much on missing pets unless they arent native of breed. Specially in cats. I mean a typical home will just feed and leave their pet cats. If the cat leaves theyll just shrug their shoulders and move on.

hasler the cat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hasler the Cat; I took in two kitties, full grown, about two weeks apart. My husband brought up in his arms, a fuzzy female. Two weeks later I noticed a kitty with a broken back leg. He'd hobble away when I tried to bend over to grab him. I couldn't sleep, I had to save this stubborn kitty [emoji]128572[/emoji] I bribed into my kitchen with treats and shut the door and said "I hope you liked being out there, but no-more out there." Well the Vet. said his leg couldn't be in a cast, he had started to heal. On my birthday, they both were fixed, had their shots. And except twice running out, with me right on his tail, (I won) well he did stop the one time, it was raining, [emoji]128576[/emoji]. Max and Baby are still with me. It's been twelve years, Max is having some liver issues, Baby knows her brother is sick, they've been close, they've had many X-mas toys, and cat-nip, maybe Hasler the Cat ended up with somebody who thought he was looking for a home. Don't worry about his collar not being on, they can get tangled up on things. He is a very pretty kitty. Your other two don't sound like they want any other in their territory. Listen to them, they were letting you know things weren't so happy for them. Keep your eyes open. [emoji]128064[/emoji]
Thanks for the reply. But i think if someone adopts him..he will just go back to me asap bec he is not that tame when he is outside. Unless they cage him for about a month now. I really dont know :(