My cat has an infection and I need urgent assistance

wldwaqar

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, I adopted three newly born street cats after 5 to 6 months one of my cats stop eating with vomiting and bloody stool and start losing weight. I quickly go to the doctor and the doctor gives me a drip with a different antibiotic but the cat didn't make it and this infection spread to the other two cats and did same but two cats died in just two days but one of the cats is strong but infection didn't stop. The doctor continuously gives a drip for three days but can't improve still getting worst.

Symptoms:
Cat didn't eat (We use a syringe to feed water and protein)
continues watery motion same as food after eating (Blood is stopped after drip)
Cat losing a lot's weight
Vomiting also stopped
Very bad small but not as cat poop

Food and medicine we are using.
Food
ORS (After every one to two hours)
Cerelac Pomegranate
Boiled Chicken to feed using a syringe

Medicine:
flagyl
Smecta sachet
Enterogermina

I need urgent assistance
Thanks

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I really cannot help any. It sounds, from what I can understand, you are doing all that you can. Where are you located? As I do not believe you are in the US, and treatments/doctors vary immensely by country.

I suspect your cats caught a viral condition that cannot be resolved with antibiotics, but the antibiotics will at least treat any secondary infection that has occurred as a result of the virus.

If the drip can be continued to keep the blood and vomiting stopped, that is a good place to start. What else is the doctor suggesting?
I wish I had more to offer, but I don't. I just wanted you to know that someone is 'listening' and cares.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Thank you for rescuing those cats and for trying as hard as you have to save them. I don't have anything else to add either but to keep up what you are doing. It does sound like a virus which passed from one to the other and those can be very hard to fight, depending on circumstances. I looked up the meds that your vet gave you. Broad spectrum antibiotic, probiotic, and and anti diarrheal. That is more or less standard for what you are describing, although a virus won't respond to the Flagyl.

My Cat Has Diarrhea - What Do I Do?

I don't know if anything in this article will help or is available to you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

wldwaqar

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for your response.
I have tried very hard but this morning cat didn't make it. According to my experience whatever cat eats is not be digest. I go to three different doctors but all three cats didn't make it with this deadly infection. I really love animals especially cats it was my first experience that I am going through with this condition.

I am very upset with the treatment, Why does this viral infection have no treatment so I found this viral infection called Feline Parvovirus (FPV). Now I am worried about my other cats. Every single day or every few hours I Sprayed my house with Dettol and Household blech to save my other cats from this virus.

Now, I am looking for a vaccination for my other street kittens. Kindly help me to find a vaccination name or possible treatment for this deadly virus. All kittens are healthy but Vet said you need to clean your house and this virus will also affect these kittens too.

Thank You so much for your help and answers.
I lived in Pakistan

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I am so sorry this third cat didn't make it. Here in the US vaccination for FPV (Feline Panleukopenia virus, or Feline Parvovirus) is the name of the vaccine and is part of a core set of shots given to kittens and to cats that have not been previously vaccinated. Didn't your vet mention anything about this vaccination to you? Can you ask them where you might be able to take your cats to get this vaccination if they don't offer it? Are there any animal clinics you could contact to ask? Does the vet think FPV is what these cats caught?

If you can access these articles, they discuss what we call the core and non-core vaccines, and the schedule for shots. And, the second one outlines details about FPV..
Vaccinating your cat | International Cat Care (icatcare.org)
Feline Parvovirus - Infection, Symptoms and Treatment (animalwised.com)

I have also included below a link to a supposed listing of vet clinics in Islamabad - and surrounding areas. I have no idea how accurate it is, but maybe you can find someone to talk to about the FPV vaccination if your vet cannot help.
Pet Clinics in Islamabad, Pakistan, Animal Hospitals, Veterinary Surgeons Clinic, Pet Consultants, Veterinarians, Pet & Vets Doctors. (ebizpk.com)

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss. You did everything that you could to save them. I hope that you are able to find a vet or clinic who might have the vaccines that you need.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

wldwaqar

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for your reply and helpful articles.
I found a Vet and Vaccination along with treatment. You guys did your best and I am really apprecieate it.
Thanks a lot.