My cat had a few licks of store bought tomato sauce, should I be worried?

Freya.Beatrice

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat had a few licks of tomato sauce before I could quickly get him to stop. To my dismay the sauce contained garlic. Should I be worried? There has been no obvious change in his behaviour as he ate it about an hour ago. He is also a pretty large cat but not overweight, definitely bigger than my other cat and much bigger than other cats I’ve met. Could his size make the amount of tomato sauce he ate ok? He is also 1 year old and healthy. If he seems ok is there anything I can do to help to ensure he stays ok?

Caspers Human

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No worries! :)

The total garlic in a whole jar of tomato sauce probably only amounts to a spoonful. Your cat only had a few licks.

The amount of garlic that your cat could have eaten would be very small because it was diluted in a whole jar of tomato.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Freya.Beatrice

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
No worries! :)

The total garlic in a whole jar of tomato sauce probably only amounts to a spoonful. Your cat only had a few licks.

The amount of garlic that your cat could have eaten would be very small because it was diluted in a whole jar of tomato.
Thank you for your response! I’ll be keeping an eye on him over the next few days but as you say hopefully no worries about it!