My cat died Tonight :( R.I.P. Tucker

kayella-tasheen

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Some people just have a really low disregard for an animals life, dogs at my grandparents house get left outside, with no food. They do live amazingly long, but when they die, they are thrown in the bush. A lot of people just don't understand. Those are the ones that can't love.

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So sorry for your loss and also sorry some people are so insensitive

Who`s the better person? Not them, for sure!

Rest In Peace Tucker

joshoisasleep

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by BJH088

Such a sad and empty feeling, He was so scared... meowing for help... then body jerks and he's gone. One of the worst things I've seen in my life.
Don't think of it like that. If you think he was meowing for help and not saying goodbye, then you should be glad that you were such a good friend to him that he came to you for help at his most difficult time. Cats are solitary creatures and often it is not natural for them to seek the help of others... be glad that he asked you for help, it is a big compliment.

I too have had a similar experience in the past, and I would like to share it here briefly to help you think of it as him saying goodbye. The kitty in my case had lost the use of her back legs, and yet in a lot of pain had dragged herself with her front legs into our room before dying in my arms... the fact that she came all that way shows that she wanted to be with us, just as I'm sure your Tucker wanted to be with you at the end. Be glad he was in your arms and that his pain was all that much easier for him to bear as a result.

Very sorry for your loss, and glad to hear your little friend had such a happy life with you.

Also, you have a great deal of self control. I can only imagine what I'd do if someone said something like that to me about my lost kitty friend (I too just lost my own the other night)

kayella-tasheen

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just a guess,
but it sounds like he died of something I've seen too much in my home.
Feline Distemper, could that be a posibility? I've seen it happen a lot, and your description sounds a lot like it. They would breath through their mouths, and eventually fall into a place where they could no longer get up, jerking movements, than death like very quicky after a few minutes..?

you think?

morning

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I know what you mean about feeling so close to your pet. Mine was the sunshine of my day, and sounds like yours was too. I'm sorry people were so insensitive to you. Well, not just sorry, but angry. Rotten people.

Jeannameow

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm sooooo sorry to hear about tucker he had a good owner I just went threw the same exact thing last night with my girl may she was about 19-20 and it was the same except she didn't have the seizure. I'm still crying it's not fair to lose a fur baby or fur friend. I have to go spca won't pick her up I have to get a ride there cause of it being so close to Xmas it's going to be a hard Xmas for me but she's hopefully happy and chunky again.