My Cat Died A Few Hours Ago

atianthony260

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey everyone. My cat Tippy just died a few hours ago. He was a stray (he was just a few days old when we found him) and he was about 9 months old when he died. My family and I are really really sad for him, he was an amazing companion and we love him so much. Anyway I know this doesn't matter but I really want to know why he died because I feel somewhat bad so here's how he's been behaving for the few days before his death. Well Tippy is an outdoor/indoor cat and 6 days ago, he came back very 'depressed'? Like he wouldn't eat at all, he slept all day long not doing anything. The next day (5 days ago) he started eating a little like once a day until 2 days ago he stopped eating at all. So we were obviously worried so we went to the vet without Tippy because he was very tired and was barely capable of moving. We told the vet about him and he told us that he was depressed, probably because of another cat and that it was normal according to him. So does anyone have any idea, based on the symptoms (not eating, barely capable of moving, sleeping all the time) what might have caused this? I know this doesn't matter now that he's gone but I feel very bad. Thanks everyone.
20180114_213340.jpg

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know what happened to him but others on here will, but I am so sorry that you lost your little Angel so young. He is fine now though, whatever was troubling him here on Earth has left him, he is happy and healthy again.

I am sorry, I hope your hearts heal a bit more each day, God Bless.....:alright: :grouphug: :rbheart:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

atianthony260

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I don't know what happened to him but others on here will, but I am so sorry that you lost your little Angel so young. He is fine now though, whatever was troubling him here on Earth has left him, he is happy and healthy again.

I am sorry, I hope your hearts heal a bit more each day, God Bless.....:alright: :grouphug: :rbheart:
Thank you so much and indeed he is in a better place now. We will really miss him though :bawling: God bless you too!

SnugglesAnn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss. He was so adorable. Unfortunately, I don't have any answers for you. Hoping someone will though. Sometimes though even when we take them to the vet, run multiple tests, etc. we still don't know for sure what the answers are. We have to just pray for the best and then do the best we possibly can. The only thing we can be certain of is that once they part from this world, they enter a place where they can run and play with no suffering.

Sending hugs and prayers to you and your family :redheartpump::redheartpump:

atianthony260

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss. He was so adorable. Unfortunately, I don't have any answers for you. Hoping someone will though. Sometimes though even when we take them to the vet, run multiple tests, etc. we still don't know for sure what the answers are. We have to just pray for the best and then do the best we possibly can. The only thing we can be certain of is that once they part from this world, they enter a place where they can run and play with no suffering.

Sending hugs and prayers to you and your family :redheartpump::redheartpump:
Thank you so much for the kind words and you're right unfortunately we can't always tell what's wrong. Sending hugs back :heartshape:

lavishsqualor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so very sorry for your loss. He was a beautiful cat. However, I can't at all understand why your vet would attempt to diagnose a cat without even seeing him! My vet would never do that. She would absolutely insist that I bring my cat in.

Again, I am very sorry for you loss.

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
~ We had a beautiful stray "healthy" cat die suddenly at about 1 year old . Sometimes cats are born with defects ( heart / liver etc ) or a virus . It could also be a toxic poison picked up by accident .
Thankfully it sounds as if Tippy did not suffer . He enjoyed a short peaceful life safely in your care . I hope another cat soon takes his place . They need us .
Best wishes to you ... :kitty:

PS - I would not go to that vet again . With those symptoms Tippy should have been examined .

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your Tippy, but without a visit with the vet when he was still with you, or a necropsy, is impossible to know it for sure.
My best guess is that he was sick for a FeLV, acquired when he was born. Stopping eating and depression are usual signs of this.
RIP Tippy, you found a family who loved you!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There are just too many things it could be, from congenital defects to a fever from an undiagnosed disease or illness. The next time a cat stops eating, which is the sign of a serious illness, they develop liver failure very quickly, after only a few days and must be brought to a vet right away. Sometimes I've had a shot of steroids and a shot of antibiotics work, but sometimes no matter what you do it isn't enough... their little bodies have had enough.
My heart goes out to you. When you lose one of these little ones, unexpectedly, so quickly, and way too young, it always brings about all those unanswered questions and doubts. The past cannot be changed. Hopefully we gain wisdom and a little more experience and move into the future, knowing the little ones that we leave behind were well loved, and that is all they ever wanted. Tippy would never want you to be sad because of him, he loves you too much for that. He wants only sunshine and happiness in your life, just as you would want for him if you were the first to go. You saved his life and gave him a home filled with love and a caring family, he could ask for nothing more. The bond you forged will always be with you, he is forever bound to your soul by the ties of eternal love. Us this bond and your precious memories to bring comfort to a broken heart, he will feel your love and comfort too. His new journey will forever parallel yours until the day it crosses once more. Don't dwell on the sad end, let the joy and happiness this little boy brought into your life overcome the sadness and bring you closure. Take care of yourself, thank you for your wonderful tribute to this beautiful boy, he will held in the prayers of many as he so deserves.........RIP sweet Tippy. You will never be forgotten and will forever be held in loving hearts. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

atianthony260

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm very sorry for the loss of your boy. He was a beautiful kitty. :rbheart:
Thank you betsygee and everyone for the emotional support that you gave me :heartshape: I'm really glad that I found this site, it has helped a lot!