My Cat Care Setup

GenCat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just wanted to share my current setup in case others may find the information helpful.

I currently use Messy Mutts cat bowls with silicone lids and the can lids in matching colors for each cat. I recently bought their larger size bowls with lids as well for mixing food and they are perfect for 2-3 small to medium cans of food. For mixing spoons I bought these ones for babies which have a solid metal center, as well as these bendable spoons. I much prefer the bendable ones for scraping food out of the cans. The can edges can damage these spoons so be careful, but I found them better at avoiding damage compared to spatulas.

Both of these bowl holders (1. raised adjustable 2. ice reservoir) work with the MM cat bowls. The adjustable one I finally glued together so they can't smash it into multiple pieces during the Cat Wars. The ice reservoir bowl does sweat a lot so it's on a silicone food mat.

I've had this stainless steel litter box for 3-4 months and it has been wonderful so far. It is not completely non-stick and depends a lot on the type of litter how badly it sticks (grass litter stuck pretty bad if it's a type that doesn't harden until it hits the bottom). So far it is not discolored or damaged. I clean it with this enzyme cleaner when I replace all the litter every month, just let it soak for a bit and wipe it off with paper towels. Another plus is that you can pour boiling water in the boxes if you ever have issues with coccidia or other hard to kill nasties. I also got this pan for our kitten and it has worked well too, but is quite a bit smaller.

The same brand has a litter scoop that is very nice as well. There are two different head types (slightly bigger holes and smaller).

We live in a small apartment with three cats so I also built a cat condo to separate them during meals or to keep them safe when we go in and out of the house a lot. I bought two freestanding wire racks and assembled them with the shelves alternating so the cats could climb up. The shelves are covered with carpet tiles. 18x36 racks are perfect for 9x36 tiles like these, I got the carpet tiles for $1 each from a clearance carpet warehouse locally.

If you need them to not fling themselves out of it onto your TV you can attach 36" dog pen panels to it (it takes two whole sets to cover the whole thing, including cutting down and rotating the doors so you can access the upper and lower sections). To attach everything I used heavy duty zip ties and clippers to cut them flat (those things hurt). To remove the dog pen panels from each other you need bolt cutters though (I left them in sets of three). Three panels each for the sides and back, then on the front I used the pen doors on top and bottom and filled in the extra with a partial piece of another panel.

Will update with photos later!

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I just wanted to share my current setup in case others may find the information helpful.

I currently use Messy Mutts cat bowls with silicone lids and the can lids in matching colors for each cat. I recently bought their larger size bowls with lids as well for mixing food and they are perfect for 2-3 small to medium cans of food. For mixing spoons I bought these ones for babies which have a solid metal center, as well as these bendable spoons. I much prefer the bendable ones for scraping food out of the cans. The can edges can damage these spoons so be careful, but I found them better at avoiding damage compared to spatulas.

Both of these bowl holders (1. raised adjustable 2. ice reservoir) work with the MM cat bowls. The adjustable one I finally glued together so they can't smash it into multiple pieces during the Cat Wars. The ice reservoir bowl does sweat a lot so it's on a silicone food mat.

I've had this stainless steel litter box for 3-4 months and it has been wonderful so far. It is not completely non-stick and depends a lot on the type of litter how badly it sticks (grass litter stuck pretty bad if it's a type that doesn't harden until it hits the bottom). So far it is not discolored or damaged. I clean it with this enzyme cleaner when I replace all the litter every month, just let it soak for a bit and wipe it off with paper towels. Another plus is that you can pour boiling water in the boxes if you ever have issues with coccidia or other hard to kill nasties. I also got this pan for our kitten and it has worked well too, but is quite a bit smaller.

The same brand has a litter scoop that is very nice as well. There are two different head types (slightly bigger holes and smaller).

We live in a small apartment with three cats so I also built a cat condo to separate them during meals or to keep them safe when we go in and out of the house a lot. I bought two freestanding wire racks and assembled them with the shelves alternating so the cats could climb up. The shelves are covered with carpet tiles. 18x36 racks are perfect for 9x36 tiles like these, I got the carpet tiles for $1 each from a clearance carpet warehouse locally.

If you need them to not fling themselves out of it onto your TV you can attach 36" dog pen panels to it (it takes two whole sets to cover the whole thing, including cutting down and rotating the doors so you can access the upper and lower sections). To attach everything I used heavy duty zip ties and clippers to cut them flat (those things hurt). To remove the dog pen panels from each other you need bolt cutters though (I left them in sets of three). Three panels each for the sides and back, then on the front I used the pen doors on top and bottom and filled in the extra with a partial piece of another panel.

Will update with photos later!
This sounds wonderful!!! The freestanding racks with the staggered DIY carpeted shelves is an especially great idea :)
Looking forward to some photos!