My Cat Being Aggressive Towards Her Kitten

Kaitocattos

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat Kaito was a stray that my dad has picked off the streets, since July 29 and since my dad has money problems he wasnt able to get the cat spayed now she had her kitten this march 6 she was taking very good care of her, after 4 days she started to overclean herself and her kitten especially her butt leaving it really red. Last night I was keeping an eye on Kaito then I saw a weird red drop on the blanket after that day in the morning it was blood coming from the side of the kittens tail where Kaito licks her too much! How do I stop her from doing that? [I'm getting them both spayed soon]

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kaitocattos

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Also she has been
My cat Kaito was a stray that my dad has picked off the streets, since July 29 and since my dad has money problems he wasnt able to get the cat spayed now she had her kitten this march 6 she was taking very good care of her, after 4 days she started to overclean herself and her kitten especially her butt leaving it really red. Last night I was keeping an eye on Kaito then I saw a weird red drop on the blanket after that day in the morning it was blood coming from the side of the kittens tail where Kaito licks her too much! How do I stop her from doing that? [I'm getting them both spayed soon]
she also has been butting her kitten and pushing her around aggressively

biancavd

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Can you post a picture, so we can see what you mean? Specially from the side of the kitten, where the blood is coming from.

Has the kitten been gaining well? It is best to weight him/her every day, on the same time, to get a nice overview of her weightgain. Also, is it mom's first litter? How is her (moms) behavior and health?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Please apply vaseline or olive oil or coconut oil to the kitten’s bottom to prevent rash.

Is mom getting enough to eat?

Mom is spayed when her kitten is 8 weeks old. Kitten is also spayed at 8 weeks and at least 2 pounds.

Kaitocattos

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Can you post a picture, so we can see what you mean? Specially from the side of the kitten, where the blood is coming from.

Has the kitten been gaining well? It is best to weight him/her every day, on the same time, to get a nice overview of her weightgain. Also, is it mom's first litter? How is her (moms) behavior and health?

Here was the best shot I could take of her kitten. Yes this is her first litter and she had only one kitten. Her mother's behaviour is pretty good before she had her kitten she was well behaved and sweet how she has gotten a little tougher, her health is also going good. Im not sure of the kittens weight since we dont have something to weigh her and my parents are tough on spending stuff on the cats

Kaitocattos

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Please apply vaseline or olive oil or coconut oil to the kitten’s bottom to prevent rash.

Mom is spayed when her kitten is 8 weeks old. Kitten is also spayed at 8 weeks and at least 2 pounds.
thanks I applied vaseline already and yes the mom has enough healthy food for her

biancavd

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

Here was the best shot I could take of her kitten. Yes this is her first litter and she had only one kitten. Her mother's behaviour is pretty good before she had her kitten she was well behaved and sweet how she has gotten a little tougher, her health is also going good. Im not sure of the kittens weight since we dont have something to weigh her and my parents are tough on spending stuff on the cats
I am just going to say that you are a very sweet and adorable person ;) Don't worry, what you see is poop. Kittenpoop. The color will improve when she (it's a girl!) start eating solid food and will also thicken.

Kaitocattos

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Please apply vaseline or olive oil or coconut oil to the

I am just going to say that you are a very sweet and adorable person ;) Don't worry, what you see is poop. Kittenpoop. The color will improve when (s)he start eating solid food and will also thicken.
I am just going to say that you are a very sweet and adorable person ;) Don't worry, what you see is poop. Kittenpoop. The color will improve when (s)he start eating solid food and will also thicken.
Thanks i was getting really worried, she does have a little cut on the side which is hard to see but I applied Vaseline to it so it can heal

biancavd

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks i was getting really worried, she does have a little cut on the side which is hard to see but I applied Vaseline to it so it can heal
On the side of her paw? I think I do see it. Keep a good eye on it. It might get infected :(

Kaitocattos

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am just going to say that you are a very sweet and adorable person ;) Don't worry, what you see is poop. Kittenpoop. The color will improve when she (it's a girl!) start eating solid food and will also thicken.
Hey another question when can the kitten start eating food instead of milk?

Kaitocattos

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
On the side of her paw? I think I do see it. Keep a good eye on it. It might get infected :(
I feel bad not saying this but thank you so much for helping me out I was very confused