My Cat Attacks Me Help!!

Gigi22

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My 3 year old cat Arthur is extremely aggressive towards me and only me particularly when I am sitting on the sofa, he pounced and scratches and bites my arms numerous times a day. He never acts this way with my husband or anyone else. With other people he is sweet and cuddly but with me he is vicious.
I have tried everything from buying more toys, changing perfumes/deodorant, I took him to the vets and they had no new advice.
I don't know what else to do, I love him but am hoping to start a family soon and I worry Bout him attacking me when I'm carrying a baby.
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Hi! Welcome!!
Can you try a couple of things;
Obtain a calming product that's a spray (available at pet stores as well as online), and spray your clothing.
Also, try a HISS when he's doing this, (this is what his mama would do for bad behavior) and fill a metal can half full of coins and give it a good hard shake, or have someone else shake the coin can. Don't be shy about making a solid loud sounding hiss, and a dramatic shake of that can.
You're right, he needs to have his brain re-wired as soon as is possible.
Let us know how things go - :vibes: :crossfingers: :redheartpump:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Wow, this gave me flashbacks to one of our first cats. He also preferred my husband and would wait until I left the room where my husband and I were together then run after me and grab my ankles or pounce on me. This was many moons ago but I agree that shaking a can of coins is an excellent idea to try. I remember being concerned about what would happen when we started a family too.

I'm not in any way telling you to do what worked for us but as it turned out we adopted a second cat and the attacks on me stopped. Also when our first child was born he never bothered her one bit.

Since you mentioned your cat, Arthur, is three years old, how long has he been living with you? Have there been any recent changes in your household?