My cat ate chicken bone, cooked

Novi Erlinda

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My old Cat (14years) ate the chicken bone, cooked. I fed him, while I was eating. I never thought he wud eat the bones, its my first time I did it :( and I have been reading the articles from Google, bc I sort of money so I cant go to the vet right away/consult via online. But most of those articles scare me. It says fatal and it cud kill him. I am now in tears. I have anxiety n panic attack. I dunno what to do. I fed him a lot of water just before.. but, he seems fine to me. But I just cant stay calm. Somebody help :(

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cooked bones splinter easily and could potentially cause internal perforation. Give the vet a call and ask for advice. A phone call won't cost anything. If the vet tells you to monitor the cat for the next few days, do that. Obviously if the cat stops eating or has litter box issues or acting lethargic or starts throwing up frequently or snything, you need to take the cat to the vet ASAP for treatment. Many vets have payment plans or other financial help.

I wouldn't bother with an online vet. You have no idea what the person's credentials are. Anyone can make a professional looking web site to look legit. The "vet" may be a troll in another country giving out medical advice he / she makes up.

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went through this with my cat a short time ago (you might have read my thread). Panicking won't do any good. Just be patient and vigilant, looking for signs of digestive problems. As long as he eats and passes stool without issue, you might have dodged a bullet. If you can see your way clear to talk to a vet, that's a very good idea.

My kitty went through it (or rather the bone went through her) just fine. It's my hope the same happens for your little guy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Novi Erlinda

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I went through this with my cat a short time ago (you might have read my thread). Panicking won't do any good. Just be patient and vigilant, looking for signs of digestive problems. As long as he eats and passes stool without issue, you might have dodged a bullet. If you can see your way clear to talk to a vet, that's a very good idea.

My kitty went through it (or rather the bone went through her) just fine. It's my hope the same happens for your little guy.