My cat Armani was ran over by a golf cart

JudyMayes

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat was Armani was ran over by golf cart a month ago ,he is getting well and should recover just fine and Under Veteranin cared .And is now having some issues with his skin and I was wondering if there's any recommendations of a gentle mild dish liquid soap to get for him for scrapes or a animal shampoo . Thank you Judy mayes'

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have used Dawn dish soap for fleas on kittens so I would imagine it's gentle enough for scrapes too.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Do you know what is wrong with his skin? If he has a cut that needs cleaning it would be better to use a mild antiseptic or just plain warm water.

For other conditions such as fleas, mites, scabies, ring worm etc it's not always appropriate to wash a cat. Some conditions need special medicated shampoos. Others can actually be made worse by washing.

It really depends on what is wrong with him. Could you post some pictures?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

JudyMayes

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Do you know what is wrong with his skin? If he has a cut that needs cleaning it would be better to use a mild antiseptic or just plain warm water.

For other conditions such as fleas, mites, scabies, ring worm etc it's not always appropriate to wash a cat. Some conditions need special medicated shampoos. Others can actually be made worse by washing.

It really depends on what is wrong with him. Could you post some pictures?
It's from him laying and keeping on his skin ,it's irritation. I am putting per Veterinanian suggestion hydrocortisone on his skin around his ureathera.

And down on his stomach .

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Do you mean he is over grooming around his urethra and on his tummy? Is he licking himself bald?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would get a wound cleanser on the internet or from a farm supply store for the wounds. Cats should not be bathed often. Just make sure it is for cats.