My 8 Week Kitten Hasn't Used The Litter Box

MisosMom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I've had Miso for about 36 hours now and he has not used his cat box. He's about 8 weeks and I got him from a shelter.

He's eating and drinking water. I put him in the box and he jumps out. If he's peeing elsewhere, I cannot find it.

He's not in pain. He's playing and being sweet so I haven't felt the need to take him to the vet quite yet.

I also took a warm wet cloth and rubbed his belly and private area but I wasn't able to hold him very long. He was wiggling and clawing my wrist so I let go.

I have to go to my parents in a bit so I'm going to lock him in my room with his box. If he doesn't go, I will see if I can get a vet appt tomorrow.

Any other suggestions or thoughts would be appreciated

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I’d recommend taking him to the vet. It’s standard to take cats to the vet for a post-adoption check-up, anyway. There you’ll also be able to make sure he’s up-to-date in his shots, get him microchipped, and set up an an appointment for neutering, if he’s not fixed yet.

What litter do you have? Lots of our posters have had success with Kitten Attract.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Is he eating wet food? It contains moisture and will help him to go. Give him another day.