My 4 Months Old Kitten Changed Completely

neff

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have 3 kitties. Blue is one of them. He is 5 months old, and I rescued him when he was around 2 months old. He was affectionate, and a lap kitten. Just for 5 days I gave him to one of my friends because I was going for vacation. He hugged me like a human baby like saying do not leave me. 5 days later, my friend got him back to us. But, he is completely changed! He is not purring, he is not coming to me anymore. He was affactionate to my friend according to her. Why!!! Why is he cahged? What should I do??? I am cryjng cuz I am really sensitive. I just want my baby boy back!! Please help! What should I do??

Attachments

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
First, take a deep breath and relax! Your kitten is feeling a bit mifty because you went off and left him, but he will get over it fairly quickly. It may take a few days, but he will become your love bug again. And when I advised you to relax, I wasn't just trying to make you feel better! Cats of all ages are little energy sponges, and they pick up on our moods and energies in heartbeat. If you are tense, it will make it harder for your kitten to want to approach you again. Hang in there, and all will be well! Aside from real abuse, cats don't hold grudges!

By the way, he's a DOLL!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Give him time to adjust to you again. He is just confused. He should be fine in a few days. Be patient! :)