My 1 Year Old Male Cat Don't Get Along With My Other Cats :(

killuarey

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Prof. Oak, my 1year old Persian Cat don't get along with my other cats 2 female and 1 male.
He is always on the corner sitting and every-time my other cat tried to approach him he tries to hiss and scratch them. Also, my 2 female cat is in hear for the 1st time but he don't like or tries to mate with them.

Is there something wrong with my white persian? Please help....

Attachments

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We need a little more information to help you. How long have they been together....has he been neutered....are the others all neutered/spayed.....? It may be they just all need time, several months to get acquainted. Females are not known to be friendly, they are the matrioches and rule with an iron paw as they get older. are the other three all kittens or are those older pictures. It would not be unusual at all if they are kittens to be annoying to an older cat. The 'mating' you see could be a show of dominance, or if he is not fixed, he could be truly trying to mate and may hurt them. please come back with more info and we will help you!

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Cats are not typically friendly with each other. You will have households where they bond more and households where they tolerate and others where they never get along. If your lucky you end up with peaceful coexistence but it's not a natural state and some cats just don't like others.

It sounds like you are looking at breeding. That will only contribute to problems in the meshing of your group as hormones throw a big wrench in cat relations. Most professional breeders house their males and female seperate to control mating and because the two groups simply dont get along. I highly encourage you to get your cats spayed/neutered and not breed. TCS is a pro spay/neuter website. I am personally strongly against byb and breeding for profit, millions of cats are killed every year for want of a good home. Even if you have homes lined up, that still takes away from the limited options of homes for those cats already on death row. If the females are current photos, they are way to too young for breeding anyways and should be kept away from the males for their own health and protection.

If your desire is to see kittens being born and raised, please consider fostering for a rescue group so that you can help those cats in need without adding to the overpopulation problem .

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

killuarey

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We need a little more information to help you. How long have they been together....has he been neutered....are the others all neutered/spayed.....? It may be they just all need time, several months to get acquainted. Females are not known to be friendly, they are the matrioches and rule with an iron paw as they get older. are the other three all kittens or are those older pictures. It would not be unusual at all if they are kittens to be annoying to an older cat. The 'mating' you see could be a show of dominance, or if he is not fixed, he could be truly trying to mate and may hurt them. please come back with more info and we will help you!
Thanks for the quick reply,

Prof. Oak - is 1yr old and 3 months
Ashy - Will turn 12 months next month
Misty - 11 months
Mojacko - 4 months

My white Persian is aloof, don't play with the other kittens and just sitting/sleeping on the corner all day and night.

The 2 female is in heat (Ashy and Misty), i know this cause the orange tabby (Mojacko) is trying to mate with the 2 female and all the sign of in heat are there.

Now my problem is my white Persian, I want him to mate with my 2 females or just want to play with them.

My 2 question is:
1. What will I do so my white persian will mate my females?

2. What will I do/things to do so that he will play with my other cats?

killuarey

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Cats are not typically friendly with each other. You will have households where they bond more and households where they tolerate and others where they never get along. If your lucky you end up with peaceful coexistence but it's not a natural state and some cats just don't like others.

It sounds like you are looking at breeding. That will only contribute to problems in the meshing of your group as hormones throw a big wrench in cat relations. Most professional breeders house their males and female seperate to control mating and because the two groups simply dont get along. I highly encourage you to get your cats spayed/neutered and not breed. TCS is a pro spay/neuter website. I am personally strongly against byb and breeding for profit, millions of cats are killed every year for want of a good home. Even if you have homes lined up, that still takes away from the limited options of homes for those cats already on death row. If the females are current photos, they are way to too young for breeding anyways and should be kept away from the males for their own health and protection.

If your desire is to see kittens being born and raised, please consider fostering for a rescue group so that you can help those cats in need without adding to the overpopulation problem .
Thanks for you comment, yes I am planning to spray/neuter them after there 1st pregnant. Hope you understand this :)

I totally understand you and I am totally aware of the population of the kittens/cats.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nature will take it's course. If it doesn't, then he is just not interested, though I can't imagine that. you should get Mojacko neutered now, he is plenty old enough and it takes up to 6 weeks for the hormones to leave their bodies, so he may still father the kittens instead of Prof Oak. i don't know for sure on Persians, perhaps it takes them a little longer to mature? The females may need to be further along in their heat cycle too, to get him interested. Are they meowing constantly like cats in heat? They get to be very annoying, so you will know. I don't know why you want two litters of kittens to find homes for, it changes nothing in the females, whether physically or psychologically, in fact raise the chances of certain cancers. Mating is VERY rough and hurtful to the females too. Cats are much better, calmer companions if they are neutered early and don't have to go through all this, it is very hard on their bodies. all the luck!

killuarey

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Nature will take it's course. If it doesn't, then he is just not interested, though I can't imagine that. you should get Mojacko neutered now, he is plenty old enough and it takes up to 6 weeks for the hormones to leave their bodies, so he may still father the kittens instead of Prof Oak. i don't know for sure on Persians, perhaps it takes them a little longer to mature? The females may need to be further along in their heat cycle too, to get him interested. Are they meowing constantly like cats in heat? They get to be very annoying, so you will know. I don't know why you want two litters of kittens to find homes for, it changes nothing in the females, whether physically or psychologically, in fact raise the chances of certain cancers. Mating is VERY rough and hurtful to the females too. Cats are much better, calmer companions if they are neutered early and don't have to go through all this, it is very hard on their bodies. all the luck!
Thanks for the comments di and bob di and bob