Mummy Cat Attacking Kitten

Jazzo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a 4 month old female kitten and have had no problms with her and the mum up until now. They eat food together but outside of that the mum cat always watches her and grwls when she gets close, she's has even gone out of her way of chasing her out of rooms. The mum cat is pregnant again so I was thinking it could be hormones, but it hurts me to see this when I just want them to be nice to eachother.

If you have any questions feel free to ask,
Thanks

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your cats are hormonal and responding to changes in the other. Do you need help finding a low cost spay center for the daughter now? You will need to make sure the mom stays inside, too. Having back to back pregnancies is very hard on her and not healthy. Will you spay her after this litter?

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
TalkingPeanut is right - the hormones are doing the talking. I would take your little girl for her pre-spay checkup and see if she is able to be spayed. As shocking as it sounds, kittens can have babies as young as 6 or 7 months although it is as risky as a 12yo girl giving birth.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is perfectly normal for her to be pushing away her kitten now that the kitten is old enough to leave her and ESPECIALLY if she is preparring to have another litter. Is there any reason she is not spayed yet? It isn't fair on her to keep having litter after litter. Please keep her indoors and away from intact males if you aren't going to spay her...

Angelinaqueen39020

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
@Jazzo Oh, no that is terrifying. I suggest getting her fixed... Like cramps when people have periods, your cat is feeling the same pain. If, they cat is hold enough.. You should take the cat away from its mom, he/she may be grown enough, to go on his own, and his mom doesn't want him to stay with her forever.

Your cat, cannot keep breeding liter. If, your not getting her fixed... Stay away from all things dangerous. ( Let her stay inside )

I would, love to share discounts on neutering places, but i have no earthly, idea where your from. If, you would like these discounts pleas share where your from.

Thanks - amber.

:agreedisagree:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jazzo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Your cats are hormonal and responding to changes in the other. Do you need help finding a low cost spay center for the daughter now? You will need to make sure the mom stays inside, too. Having back to back pregnancies is very hard on her and not healthy. Will you spay her after this litter?
I am going to spay the kitten at 6 months as she is too young to be spayed at the moment, will be spaying the mum after this litter. She's been staying inside so I am hoping it sll goes well.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:hellocomputer: Good plans for your kitties! I would definitely feed your mama kitty a high quality kitten food and also research the best ways to give her extra calcium. With having pregnancies so close together, hypocalcemia can be a concern. You could try adding goat milk or kmr (kitten milk replacer) to her diet.
And just so you know - we LOVE pictures here at TCS! :camera: :kitty: :agree:

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kittens can actually be spayed safely at 2 pounds or 2 months, so you may want to find a vet who will do the procedure now. She can get pregnant any time now.