Muffin - One Year

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
It was one year ago today that I brought Miss Muffin home from my mom's apartment, about two weeks or so after Mom was admitted to the nursing home. It didn't take Muffin long to become a RugCat, or as Rick calls her, one of the Three Meowsketeers (the other two are Mollipop and Tabby). Muffin made herself right at home and, other than the situation with Mollipop, it's worked out quite well.

Muffin and Molli still do not get along. Just last night, Muffin was snuggled in bed with me. Mollipop was on her pillow at my head, but it really bothered her that Muffin was with me, too. She came sneaking down off the pillow and went after Muffin, who hissed and snorted and jumped off the bed. Molli jumped off the bed, too, and Muffin was so angry she chased Molli out the hallway into the living room. With me on their tails. 

Then later on, Muffin came back up to the bed and settled back down around my right arm. Mollipop came back about five minutes later and jumped up on Rick's side of the bed, walked over, and flopped down around my left arm. They put their heads on my chest and tried to stare each other down. When that didn't work, Muffin started crooning. Mollipop snorted. And I told them both to knock it off.

Ears flattened. Eyes closed. Molli started to purr. Muffin snuggled down in the covers and she started to purr. And eventually, they both went to sleep. 

It's been a year, for crying out loud. You'd think they'd realize that nobody is going anywhere and that they should deal with things. But they still don't. Both of them are snots. But they're my snots and I love them dearly.

Happy Gotcha Day, Miss Muffin! 

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Happy Gotcha Day, Muffin! They really have a case of "sibling rivalry", don't they? They sound like a couple of sisters spatting. :lol3:

kookycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Muffin and Molly sound like my Tippytoes and Angel. They'll NEVER be friends, just tolerate each other. Angel is actually a bit afraid of Tippy and avoids where wherever possible. Tippy and Tony get along great, but every once in a while Tippy smacks poor Tony (a love tap?). Tony just tolerates it all and loves both the girls. He is such a sweetheart.

Congratulations to Muffin on her "gotcha day".

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
AAwww Muffin... Happy Gotcha Day   !

Lovely story.. I can just picture the two of them. 

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
How sweet! :heart2: Happy Gotcha Day (belated) Muffin!

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy Gotcha Day Muffin, be a good girl now and listen to your meowmie and be nice to Mollipop.

Last edited: