Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day Multi-Surface Everyday Cleaner- Honeysuckle

Cat.mama

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Does anyone have any insight on Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day Multi-Surface Everyday Cleaner specifically - Honeysuckle regarding essential oils safety.

I am very sensitive to fragrance. It’s rare for me to use air freshener or products with high fragrance. I’ve been struggling with replacing the cleaner I use on kitchen counters bathroom counter/ sink & mirrors. For years I’ve used spic and span 3-1 disinfectant industrial (not commercial ) which I no longer have access to.

Anyhow I’ve tried Lysol kitchen orange, it’s way too strong smelling for me (also leaves residue), I’ve tried method a pink one, smell was okay but didn’t clean.

Yesterday I ordered meyers. Noticed it mentions essential oils.

I remember reading long ago essential oils type air fresheners could be bothersome to cats.
Everything I’ve read online says this stuff is super pet friendly. I was also surprised to see honeysuckle scent is like catnip to cats??? Not that I want them sniffing chemicals!
This product says safe for floor times. I’m wondering if it’s safe for cats to walk across the counter after use? Also if used on the floor as vomit spot cleaner is this going to be safe for their paws once dry?? Oil sinks into skin? Also the just the lingering smell/oils as well?

Thank you

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Everything I’ve read online says this stuff is super pet friendly. I was also surprised to see honeysuckle scent is like catnip to cats??? Not that I want them sniffing chemicals!
In my home, I use cat safe product but even it states cat safe, I'll still use with precautions.

For cleaning of kitchen counter tops and other surface and floors, I use a mixture of 50-50 water and vinegar. Also, vinegar will also get rid of ants as vinegar musk off the scent trails of ants.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cat.mama

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
In my home, I use cat safe product but even it states cat safe, I'll still use with precautions.

For cleaning of kitchen counter tops and other surface and floors, I use a mixture of 50-50 water and vinegar. Also, vinegar will also get rid of ants as vinegar musk off the scent trails of ants.
How do you rinse this ?

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I use baking soda, vinegar, and hydrogen peroxide in my home to clean. I don't use any store-bought cleaning agents or anything with scent. Vinegar and water cleans floors, hydrogen peroxide sanitizes and bleaches, baking soda is a scrubbing agent, and I also will spray rubbing alcohol on surfaces if needed. Wipe or rinse and I'm done.

Cat.mama

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I use baking soda, vinegar, and hydrogen peroxide in my home to clean. I don't use any store-bought cleaning agents or anything with scent. Vinegar and water cleans floors, hydrogen peroxide sanitizes and bleaches, baking soda is a scrubbing agent, and I also will spray rubbing alcohol on surfaces if needed. Wipe or rinse and I'm done.
Is this the kind of HP you use or similar ? I bought this to try and clean what I thought was pink mold in the sink. It didn’t fizz so I don’t think it was pink mold, maybe rust. Who knows.

Attachments

Cat.mama

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I ended up giving the meyers and method to my mum. I tried cleaning the toilet with 50/50 vinegar today. While I do enjoy reminiscing about Easter eggs when I was little. This is definitely a smell I will have to get used to.
Curious how long the smell takes to fade. I had to rinse. However I am extra sensitive to smells.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If I had an HEB closer than half an hour away, I would use that. HEB needs to come to my area of town!