Moving To Us - Cat Food Quality

She's a witch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So I'll probably move from Western Europe to US. I have two cats, 13 months old and 8-9 months old. I currently feed them wet grain-free food (German brands: GranataPet, Grau, Power of Nature) and if I move, they need to eat the same quality food as now. Food production in US has rather terrible reputation here in Europe and I was wondering if this is true, if I can either find the food I currently feed or of similar quality. I tried to compare but labeling is not helping: I'd rather stick to cans that have at least 80% of meat (majority of which is muscle meat and not offal) but I did not find these data in some of the American cans that I hear are recommended here. If someone could point me in the right direction (eg. where can I find such information, or cans recommendations), I'd greatly appreciate it.

Minxxy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So I'll probably move from Western Europe to US. I have two cats, 13 months old and 8-9 months old. I currently feed them wet grain-free food (German brands: GranataPet, Grau, Power of Nature) and if I move, they need to eat the same quality food as now. Food production in US has rather terrible reputation here in Europe and I was wondering if this is true, if I can either find the food I currently feed or of similar quality. I tried to compare but labeling is not helping: I'd rather stick to cans that have at least 80% of meat (majority of which is muscle meat and not offal) but I did not find these data in some of the American cans that I hear are recommended here. If someone could point me in the right direction (eg. where can I find such information, or cans recommendations), I'd greatly appreciate it.
Here's a website you can check out . It has lots of useful information.
www.catinfo.org
I'm not sure if cost is an issue but here are just a few suggestions.
Tiki Cat
Nature's Variety Instinct.
Wellness Core.
Crave.
Rawz.
Also check out www.chewy.com

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feed quite a bit of Tiki cat, my guys like the after dark. Also Weruva, Fussie cat super premium, Against the grain, and almo nature now that they have some complete foods. These are all available on Chewy. For Fish the best i have found is Earthborn holistic Catalina catch. Rawz is good if your cats like pate, as is Natures variety instinct.

some online shops i order with, as where i live we don't have a close pet store. These places list ingredients quite well

Wet Cat Food: Low Prices, Top Brands - Free Shipping | Chewy.com

The Big Bad Woof | Pet Store & Delivery this site is a little harder to navigate, i just search canned cat food

Food for Cats at Only Natural Pet Store

chew is good to order cases of food, the other two you can buy individual cans to see if your cats like it.

she does not have all US foods listed. But Dr. Pierson's list is a good place to start with proteins, fats and carbs in quite a few US brands.

http://catinfo.org/docs/CatFoodProteinFatCarbPhosphorusChart.pdf

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

She's a witch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much for all your responses! I will start comparing the cans you mentioned against what I feed now and hopefully I'll be able to find what we need. Price should not be an issue for now as quality matters the most. Although I would love to be able to buy Granata Pet, Power of Nature, Grau etc, so if anyone comes across them, let me know. Thanks again!