Moving Kittens?

bethpush

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, I have a rescued cat that was found in late pregnancy. She was brought inside to give birth to her kittens in saftey, we made up our bathroom to be a safe place for her but didn't count on the damage she would do to our indoor garden.

Now that her kittens are just about 3 weeks old and momma cat is getting more and more comfortable with me and my family, she's even letting us handle the kittens, I was wondering if anyone had advice about possibly moving them to somewhere else in the house.

They're in a box and I thought maybe if we moved the whole box while they're inside, gently of course, and moved it somewhere else out of the way... could that work? Is there anything I should know before attempting this?

Thank you in advance for any advice given!

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you have a crate that you can put the box inside and then move them? Just so they don't crawl out/fall in the moving process. Otherwise I think it should be fine to move them!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Moving them is fine. Make sure the room is kitten-proofed as the kittens will begin exploring soon.

Very nice of you to rescue mom!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bethpush

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I moved them the next day and waited to see how momma cat would handle it. A few days later and everything seems fine with her. She's still taking taking good care of her babies. Thank you for the help.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
This is good to hear! Glad it's working out!

Thank you for the update! :)