Moving house!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We're in the process of moving house and it's quite exciting

It was stressful initially because I had so much going on , and hubby was ridiculously busy with work, and I was trying to sort out quotes from a bunch of contractors, and get work underway.

But now we've had data cabling installed throughout the house, had all the electrical outlets upgraded, had the electrical panel upgraded, had recessed lights installed all through the house, had the popcorn ceilings removed, the place has been repainted (on the inside), and our kitchen is on order, and the contractor to install it has been chosen.

With all the work done, the place looks SO much more modern. We have compact fluorescent lights all through the place, so it's more energy efficient, the light trims are all silver with black on the inside so they look quite modern, we have dimmable lights in the living room and baby room, the baby room is a GORGEOUS pale lavender, we just installed our Elfa closet system, all the electrical outlets are childproofed which is nice and DH is happy with all the internet stuff.

I can't wait until the kitchen gets installed (which is about a month away), the whole place will look SO much more modern! We got a great deal on the house, so I think with the work we've done, we've really improved the value.

We move in this weekend, which I'm very excited about

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
that is all so exciting!! it sounds beautiful show us some pics when its done!

Baby room?? are we expecting??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yep, due in May

I'll put up all the house before and after pics once everything is done.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
aww Sarah! Congratulations!! *big hugs*
I assume you're not moving back here any time soon?

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Very exciting!
I remember how exciting it was having our house built (though seeing it everyday about 500ft from where we lived was torturous!) and how exciting it was to be able to move our stuff in
Almost a year ago already! - Jan 30, 2009.

Congrats!

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Seems like everything is moving right along. I have recessed lights as part of the lighting in the kitchen plus the chandelier (sp) which makes the kitchen nice and bright. I had never had recessed lighting before and it sure is pretty. Good luck to you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We've done a fair bit of packing, and all the big stuff is ready for the movers tomorrow

So far everything is going smoothly. The new place is all ready to go, and we've finished all the little things that need to be done.

The Feliway diffusers are going at the new place, we've moved all the cats' stuff into the now empty spare room at the current place so they can stay in there while everything else gets moved over.