Morning Meowing That Won't Stop!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kathryncrawford

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Man, this only worked partially :(

The cats still start meowing for me to wake up about 1 hour before my alarm goes off. I ignore them, and never come out of my room until they have stopped for a while, but it doesn't seem to make a difference, and I have to get up eventually!

MarcEwing

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Man, this only worked partially :(

The cats still start meowing for me to wake up about 1 hour before my alarm goes off. I ignore them, and never come out of my room until they have stopped for a while, but it doesn't seem to make a difference, and I have to get up eventually!
Maybe they just gloat :silver:
Try to feed them in the morning at the same time, not when they wake you up, but let's say when you should wake up.

ArtNJ

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What are you now feeding? I've noticed that my 2 cats collectively eat 2-3 cans of pate and 3-4 cans of the shreds in gravy from the same manufacturer. I assume you went up to 3 feedings a day, but I don't think 3 time limited food only down for 15 minutes feedings is enough for all types of foods.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kathryncrawford

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I feed them at the same time every morning already, about 11am, which isn't anywhere near my time to get up, so maybe they just want company? They also meow when we first go in to the bedroom at night, but it stops after a minute or so once they realize we are going to bed.

For reference too, I work from home, so I'm able to get up, and do stuff around the apartment for a LONG time before I feed them.

I'm feeding them 3 times per day, and once in the middle of the night with an automatic feeder. They're actually eating over the recommended amount since they are very active cats. I haven't noticed any weight fluctuations so they seem to be getting the right amount.