More Video Of The Wildman Himilayan

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

GaryT

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
he bites and then he licks. Sometimes to calm him down I scoop him up into my arms and hold him on his back as I rub his tunmmy. After a bit, he closes his eyes and lays there. So funny.

GaryT

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am hoping that this is all just because he is still a kitten. He is 8 months old now. You should see how he races around this house every morning. The breeder said that his mom is still quite playful too so he may take after mom. Here is Lilly, his mommy. His daddy is a seal point himi.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That face! Who can resist! Absolutely beautiful.
Biting is because tehy were not taught manners and limits by their mother and siblings, and is usually because they are taken too soon, before 12 weeks. If this is not your case, I wouldn't encourage this play with hands, as it is OK now but really hurts when they get older. If it is just once in a while, it may be because he is overexcited, and you know how often that is for kittens! And is normal. If he thinks it is OK and starts attacking feet, legs, hands, without being encouraged, then you have a problem. Like mama would do, you'll have to take him by the loose skin on the back of his neck and hold him to the ground until he is quiet, saying, NO! (hissing is a language he understands, but other people in the room might look at you funny). Do this EVERY time until the habit is broken an he learns to play with a wand or thrown ball instead. Toys called a 'kickeroo' I get on Amazon are great to distract tehm from biting, and get rid of a lot of built up kitten energy. I have had MANY kittens that play rough like this while tehy are young and often outgrow it. All the luck!

GaryT

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I can get him to play with a wand and ribbon toy. And he likes balls. He was an only kitten with no sibs. The breeder would play with him. I wonder if he just would rather play with humans. He is the most energetic Persian I have ever owned. He loves his daddy. He follows me all around the house and wants to be part of everything I do. He also loves to be held. He talks a LOT!.

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's smart and handsome, too!
He looks like a wonderful buddy to have in your home:wavey:

GaryT

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Just when you think the day is winding down......he slept all afternoon and now he is burning off some energy. I don't know what he saw but he does this occasionally when he sees something he wants to go after.

GaryT

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
....and the saga continues! What my day is like with the Wildman. Music created by me (no copyright infringe here!)

GaryT

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
....and the saga continues! What my day is like with the Wildman. Music created by me (no copyright infringe here!)
I took the last video down. It was stupid. I will let this thread die now and just lurk and read for now. I really will be quiet now.

Last edited:

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
GaryT GaryT Theo is as red-blooded a kitten as they come. All of a sudden he’ll be a lot more sedate, though he’ll likely stay playful a long time even into maturity and old age.

Has Theo destroyed anything like glassware yet?

GaryT

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
GaryT GaryT Theo is as red-blooded a kitten as they come. All of a sudden he’ll be a lot more sedate, though he’ll likely stay playful a long time even into maturity and old age.

Has Theo destroyed anything like glassware yet?
He likes to jump onto my computer table and knock over my full cup of coffee. He does this a lot (he did it just this morning. Soaked some of my paperwork). I find a safe spot for the cup that works for a while and then he knocks it over again!

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He likes to jump onto my computer table and knock over my full cup of coffee. He does this a lot (he did it just this morning. Soaked some of my paperwork). I find a safe spot for the cup that works for a while and then he knocks it over again!
Put away knick-knacks, bric-a-brac, and make sure dishes he can spot from the floor won't break if he leaps up and knocks them down.

GaryT

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
He is energetic for sure. He swats at the camera like he doesn't like it but, it sure loves him. He keeps me busy washing his face. I hope that when the humidity gets back to normal range he will not weep so much.