More Help Please!!! ( Don't Shoot Me!)

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree. I do still feed some dry food. I just have to feed my cats less than half a cup each or they start to get blocked. I would never judge anyone for feeding dry food, but just want them to be aware that it can cause health problems, which I didn't know until this happened.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sunflower7

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I absolutely LOVE that you-all found those two website stores where a person can buy small amounts - what a lifesaver - Only Natural Pet, and The Big Bad Woof
So, back to the OP - how are tummies today?
Regarding Health Extension - if you like the ingredients, when their stomachs appear to be calmer I'd try this if I were you. Lack of reviews doesn't necessarily mean good or bad.
Thanks for asking!
Teeny tiny amount of loose stool, not sure which cat.
the big cat is fine, big poop.
everyone is acting normal, playing normal , very active and all ate today just not pooping much in last 3 days.
I am not sure if cats are like humans in this way but I do know once after my son had a bad day of diarrehea all day, he didn't poop again for several days.

Anyway my daughter , who is my other cat feeder, said they ate the health extension but not loving it.
I have a bag with about 20 cans of HE and weruva that we are not using. have to find someone to give to.

We are going to try a few other ones, wellness( they seem to like morsals better than pates nowadays), whole earth farms( tried once before, at 1.29 a can I will try again.

I also ran out and got Beyond again ( purina, I know... but they were eating that for a while alternating with friskies) and I might give like 1 can friskies a week to help my budget. That's like people eating wendys or mcdonalds or entemans once a week ( to me anyway) . I drove myself crazy, up hours and hours every night reading cat food info, it's got to stop! I don't research my own family's food this much! LOL

I just can't spend $6-7+ a day on cat food right now, single with 3 kids to feed and college starting for one next year!

Thank you all

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
:vibes::redheartpump:
Here's one last website to check Pet Food Guide - it's a chart that lists dog and cat foods, and whether they contain carrageenan, synthetic additives, dyes, rendering products, that sort of thing. The last update was November 2017, but still useful since I'm thoroughly disgusted with reviews . com now . I just wrote to this organization to see if they'd consider including menadione, haven't gotten a reply yet.
a bad day of diarrehea all day, he didn't poop again for several days.
I'm not a vet but yeah, it takes a while for the system to catch back up to normal. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sunflower7

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
:vibes::redheartpump:
Here's one last website to check Pet Food Guide -
That is a good chart though may be a bit off as I see some lines have carageenan in certain cans only. UGH, but looking at the friskies , that is what I fed for years. had 1 cat live til 18. another die at 10. you just don't know if the one that died at 10 could have lived longer on another diet or not.

seems you can't win with foods, they will have either the carageenan OR something else we don't like ...the protein too low, or the carbs too high, or BOTH. lol

I studied that pro/car/phos chart last night until my eyes were blurry. read her story of the 2 huge cats and how hard she worked to get them to lose weight....
which is why I really want to feed 3 foods...1 with higher protein than others.... 1 may have higher fat....it'll all balance out, ha!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
which is why I really want to feed 3 foods...1 with higher protein than others.... 1 may have higher fat....it'll all balance out
I'd love to get to that as well - if I can get the Big Guy to let me LOL. I'm at least getting him to consider and even actually eat a couple other foods.... whew!