Mooshie is still with me!

scoochmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone, a few weeks ago, I posted that I had made the decision to put down my 17-yr-old girl Mooshie because of a sudden drastic weight loss. I want to thank everyone for your kind responses. BUT, Mooshie has made it through - for now - and she is still with me.

I took her in for her appt and the vet said that she definitely was underweight, but looking at her (I couldn't afford tests), he said that she was very alert, her coat was very well-groomed and shiny, her eyes looked good, her paw pads felt normal, and as long as she was still playing (I brought her favorite mouse and she was going nuts with it on the exam table) and using the litter box every day, he told me to take her home and take it week by week to see if she improves. Obviously she is still sick with something due to her age, but she is eating more, still making good-sized poops every day, and chasing her mouse, so I can't justify putting her down yet. I know the day will come at some point, but I'm just so thankful I still have her for now.

Again, thank you all for your kind words and I will keep you updated!

Mooshie with her mouse and brush ❤
20230413_022740.jpg

cmshap

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a similar story with a childhood dog that I loved. We all thought she was gone due to cancer, and had an appointment to euthanize her. My dad took her in, then brought her back home, because the vet said she had taken a turn for the better, and did not appear to be in pain.

She actually had another two years (!) after that before the cancer caught up to her and she started showing signs of pain.

Probably a very unusual case, but as a kid, it was amazing to happen.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so happy for you both! I know the feeling, my Yammy was diagnosed with FeLV, leukemia, and was so weak and sick he couldn't stand up. the vet said he had 'days'. I had promised him he could die at home. Well, he is still here, fat and sassy, three years later! So you never know.....There are still miracles out there you know, just hug that sweet girl, like you have been doing, for as long as you can, Every special day we get with them is a gift!

KittenHuffer

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I’m so happy to hear this. Spoil the absolute **** out of her and cherish every moment you can. Don’t feel bad if you can’t always be 100% present (that’s just not possible), but remember every day she’s a happy girl and you continue to love her as she does you. ❤

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Another sentimental cat lover here - it's not her time yet and she's not ready to leave you. Treasure every moment and celebrate her unconditional love for you. :catlove: