Monday's Question Of The Day - November 27, 2017

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I actually got up early today! :cheerleader: But I still want to go put my feet up with a good book after the last week of Thanksgiving and out-of-town company. My company left last night about 8:30. On the up-side; my house is still pretty clean. :thumbsup: Now I can focus on Christmas decorating!

Do you like board games? Card? What is your favorite?

My favorite as a kid was always LIFE. But I liked Monopoly, Pictionary and Boggel too. For card games I keep it simple like Solitaire or Uno. :)

I'm kind of excited my DD is getting old enough to play more board games with me. I've got several on her Christmas list this year! :thumbsup:

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
We played a lot of board games when the kids were little--Candy Land, Sorry!, Monopoly--but got rid of them years ago. I have a Scrabble game somewhere collecting dust. :lol: I don't play card games except Solitaire on the computer once in awhile.

Merlin77

Warrior of SandClan
Super Cat
Purraise
Stratego is my favourite board game, and solitaire is my favourite card game. I also like Othello and Charades.

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't play board games, but my sister and I used to love Old Maid, Don't Break The Ice and Pick Up Sticks. We used to love the funny pictures on the Old Maid cards.

These days, I do enjoy brain-strengthening games on the computer, testing memory, speed, attention. I play on Lumosity.com. I do enjoy Sudoku and cryptograms if you put a book in front of me.:)

Merlin77

Warrior of SandClan
Super Cat
Purraise
I don't play board games, but my sister and I used to love Old Maid, Don't Break The Ice and Pick Up Sticks. We used to love the funny pictures on the Old Maid cards.

These days, I do enjoy brain-strengthening games on the computer, testing memory, speed, attention. I play on Lumosity.com. I do enjoy Soduko and cryptograms if you put a book in front of me.:)
Yes! Sudoku and Pick Up Sticks are so much fun!

dahli6

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Monopoly and Life are longtime family favorites.
I fondly remember childhood games of War and Slap Jack though. Those were probably my favorite. My dad loved all of the card games from Poker to Hearts. In fact he taught Hearts to the kids when they were very small.
We always had a variety of playing cards around the house and my mom would hand us a massive stack to play with. Our Slap Jack matches became wrestling events and when we got too wild we played War instead. The winner always had a pile of cards nearly a foot high. It was a lot of fun.

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
As an artist, I love Pictionary.. but no one will play with me anymore.:dunno:

Lately, my dad got into Scrabble.. he has not yet beaten me in over 50 games and he no longer wants to play with me. :crackup:

Dating back to the early 90s.. Mall Madness "Ohh, long line. Try again later!"

amysuen

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I love board games and card games! One of our current family favorites is Bring Your Own Book.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have the Star Wars edition of Trivial Pursuit, but I haven't played it in years. I would love to get the Doctor Who edition.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We played board games when we were kids

Monopoly
Clue
Life
Battleship

DH and I used to play Rummy 500 a lot years ago. Of course with DD I played a lot of Candy Land and Chutes and Ladders. I don't have any board games in the house now. Most games are on the computer. I like the games that they have on Slingo.com - it's free and they have all sorts of fun stuff.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
When I was just starting sixth grade, that summer a family moved into the neighborhood. The oldest son would have gone into seventh grade (he died a couple months later) and he and I really hit it off. We loved Monopoly and one of our games lasted a couple weeks. We were making play money as we went, my dad had to make us extra houses and hotels, we kept that game going and going. He'd come over around 6:00 in the morning and he and I would play in the carport all day long until 10:00 at night. The only time we stopped was for meals. In the end, he beat my socks off. I still love to play Monopoly and Rick and I will play it with the grands.

We also played a lot of Candy Land with the grands. They have a lot of board games that we all played.

Rick and I used to play a lot of Scrabble. I think we were pretty well evened out. He would win, I would win. One night, I had him, I really had him. I was ahead by 70+ points. The very last play of the game, he used all his letters. On a triple word score. That's the night the board was tossed. (I am not a good loser.)

I'm a big Canasta player. My dad taught me and I like to say he taught me well. He played for blood....as do I. I taught our son and he says I taught him well. We played for blood. It got so bad with us yelling at each other that, early one morning, Rick came out of the bedroom, took the cards away from us, and went back to bed. Our son and I will still play Canasta, we still play for blood, and it's not pretty at all. We're better than we used to be; after all, we can't cuss in front of the grands.

Stratego was another favorite for our son and me. And Risk. Battleship.

We had a Nintendo and our son and I used to play a lot of Nintendo games together. Dr. Mario. Tetris. Super Mario. In the summer, I'd get home from working second shift at 11:00 and grab something quick for supper. And then he and I would sit on the floor in the living room and play. And argue. And play. And yell. It's a wonder Rick got any sleep at all.

Last edited:

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
~ I remember very well playing board games as a kid . When I got a little older I graduated to the more adult games like Scrabble & Monopoly . Anybody remember jigsaw puzzles ? We had it made as kids ! `:rolleyes2:
PacMan came out around '79 ? ... and it changed everything .

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
i still play board games and card games with the students at school. Two of their favorites and mine are Connect Four and Uno.:)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Some of my friends in college used to play some intense games of Connect 4. They were sometimes very boring to watch but man they were so intense about it. No alcohol involved either! :p