Monday's Question Of The Day - May 21, 2018

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Happy Monday! We are down to the last few weeks of school and I think I have summer-itis. :lol: :p It doesn't help we spent the afternoon at the beach yesterday.
(I did see dolphins; but no sharks.;) )

Did you have a summer job as a teenager?

I never really did. I spent my summers between my Grandmother's houses in another state. It counted as my time with my Dad. He lived out in the country and worked. Plus the room I stayed in was the size of a large closet with no bed. And a guinea pig. If I stayed in town I could be with my cousins and a few friends. Oh and have an actual bed and bedroom to sleep in. ;)

I did some babysitting here and there for the rest of the summer time I was home; but nothing consistent. Just the chore lists my Mom would leave before work every morning. :lol:

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not a summer job, I spent those on my Grandmothers cattle ranch in Oklahoma. But I did work after school and on weekends once I turned 16.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I worked during both my high school and college summers in a legal office. One summer I thought it would be fun to make a switch so my BFF and I worked in a factory that manufactured audio products/components. We thought it would be like the tv show, Laverne & Shirley, lol.:) Boy were we wrong! Needless to say the following summer I returned to an office job.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I didn't have an 'official' summer job, but I did spend my summers working at whichever yard/riding school I was at. I didn't get paid for the privilege, but I did usually get free rides out of the deal After getting my own horse, free rides translated into free lessons, or (when I was between horses) leading hacks out for the yard. I have a memory of being roped into teaching some beginners lessons too! (I was 16 by that stage ;) ).

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I worked in housekeeping at a nursing home. I really did love the job.

The summer before college I worked as a "floating" housekeeper at the major hospital in the city. I cleaned anywhere from pediatrics to intensive care to office areas and really enjoyed the work.

During college breaks, I worked in a plastics factory, a glass factory, a discount department store and a ladies clothing retailer, all which I loved.

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
I was sent to a camp where we worked in the morning and got to use camp facilities in the afternoon. That was what we were told, but we only got to use the swimming pool once a month. The work was rather difficult. Garbage detail was the best job, as using a sling to clear underbrush was mainly what we did the rest of the time. Other summers I was head baby sitter. Well, that was actually one of my year around jobs! Mom was in the hospital a lot!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Not summer, mine was year 'round. Starting at 13, I was a kitchen slave in our local hospital for 3-4 hours right after school and during the summer, including weekends.

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I started working initially at 11 years old as a dog walker and pet sitter - then carried on to baby sitting.

My first official summer job was at Subway at the ripe ol' age of 16 :lol: after that it was a fashion clothing store, and then throughout my University years I worked in museums as both tour guide and historical interpreter.

I did also volunteer for two summers at a therapeutic equestrian school for kids and adults, I was 16 and 17 on top of working.

During the Uni semester season I worked in an office.

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I worked one summer at an amusement park, in the office preparing the 'guns' for the shooting gallery games, and handing out the rolls of tickets to the ticket sellers. Another summer I worked in the ticket booth for the pony rides. My mother also worked there so the summeirs I didn't work I'd go sometimes and ride the rides for free all day!
I babysat for one of our neighbors, since I could stay up late when school was out.