Monday's Question Of The Day - May 14, 2018

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I hope everyone had a great weekend! It's a sleepy gray Monday for us so far. (It doesn't help my DD has instrumental piano music on.) An extra coffee might be in order! After a dry spell we finally had some nice rain this weekend. I need to get out and plant the rest of my seeds!

What is your favorite weather?

I love a good rainy day. Just a nice soaking rain. I get more productive than I am on a plain cloudy day like today. I don't mind a nice thunderstorm; if it doesn't turn severe and all windy. Sometimes I enjoy those days more than a sunny day. Both have their advantages. I need a hammock so I can cloud watch.

DH and I ended up loading the kids wagon up with the tomato and pepper plants and flowers I picked on on Saturday; and wheeling them into the garage before the storms came. It's a good thing too. It wasn't the worst storm; but we did get a lot of rain and enough wind to hurt our little plants. My potted things got moved under the glass patio table for some protection.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Love rain, love sunshine as long as it's not too hot, love thunderstorms except when I need to shower or use the phone and the lightning makes that dangerous, hate windy days, and hail. I don't much like snow, but snow in the winter means water in the reservoirs for summer, so I make it a policy not to complain about it.

Margret

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love our Florida winters. Walking around in tshirts when everyone else is freezing their tails off makes dealing with our summers bearable. I like rain as long as I do not have to drive in it. We get some insane storms here.

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always feel best with sunny, hot weather, even up to the 90's *F is welcome. This is my favorite. That's not to say that I don't also enjoy warm sunny days or warm-to-cool ones.

I live in the Northeast United States so I will probably not so much mind any weather as it comes, but I do love hot weather.

I also like thunderstorms in warm weather and I do like the fog that will come up off the snow in the winter. It seems I have seen much of this "snow-fog" this past winter and it was pretty cool.

I also like weather where you can smell the outdoors, like smelling the earth after a rain or smelling the leaves on the ground in the fall.

Sometimes in the winter during certain snowfalls, it is very, very quiet and that is nice, too.

The last kind of weather conditions I like is warm summer nights when the crickets are chirping and there is a light breeze and the sky is clear or near clear. Moths and fireflies are out on these nights.:purplebutterfly:

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like sunny days, especially in the spring when the air is perfumed with so many blossoms from tree and shrubs. On sunny days, there's a spring in my steps and I get so much more work done, whatever it is.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I like it hot, but not humid.

I do love a good t-storm and my son and I used to get up together at night and watch the lightning through the bay window in the living room. If I'm off work and alone in the house, I like rainy days. They're perfect for sprawling on the couch with a couple of cats and a few books.

No winter, please.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like mid-spring weather; where here in England it's hot but not too hot, preferably with a slight breeze in the air.
I love light rain and snow too though.

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I love our Florida winters. Walking around in tshirts when everyone else is freezing their tails off makes dealing with our summers bearable. I like rain as long as I do not have to drive in it. We get some insane storms here.

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I live in Atlanta but grew up in N IN. So I appreciate our winters. I love the spring and fall sunny days when it is 70 to 80 and low humidity. Like right now it is about 75 no humidity and perfect to sit on the porch. In another month or less it will be 80 with 80% humidity and I will escape with everyone else to A/C