Monday's Question of the Day - March 7, 2016

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sorry I'm late today.  I haven't been in the right frame of mind to come up with a good question!  We are on week #3 of pushing DS to potty train.  It's not been fun.  DS is capable; just not willing.  But he's going on 4 here; enough is enough.  We took away the pull ups and got him a potty watch.  He is good if we take him; but has only gone on his own once in these 2 weeks.  We've done so many reward systems and what not.  We just seem to be having trouble finding his motivation.  A little while ago I found him running half nude.  He'd wet himself and couldn't find any clean undies in his dresser.  So he can change himself; but not bother listening to himself ahead of time apparently.
  I know "this too shall pass."  But it's waaaaaay too early for a glass of wine. Or chocolate even.  Or to sit down with a book, take a nap, etc.  I'm trying very hard not to let my frustration show!

What do you do when you need a "pick me up"?

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
There are a few things I do:

Play with cats

Go for a walk with a camera

Meditate

Draw

Go on line and visit a few satire sites for laughs.

Call a friend.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mine are similar to Margd's list:

Kitty time!

Photography

Call my sisters or brother

Read

Good coffee!

Take a short walk.

Make a really nice dinner for us.  

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Snuggle with the kitties

listen to music

Watch some Trailer Park Boys on Netflix (funniest show ever and Canada's greatest gift to the world 
)

Read

Play games on my phone or tablet

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Sorry I'm late today.  I haven't been in the right frame of mind to come up with a good question!  We are on week #3 of pushing DS to potty train.  It's not been fun.  DS is capable; just not willing.  But he's going on 4 here; enough is enough.  We took away the pull ups and got him a potty watch.  He is good if we take him; but has only gone on his own once in these 2 weeks.  We've done so many reward systems and what not.  We just seem to be having trouble finding his motivation.  A little while ago I found him running half nude.  He'd wet himself and couldn't find any clean undies in his dresser.  So he can change himself; but not bother listening to himself ahead of time apparently.
  I know "this too shall pass."  But it's waaaaaay too early for a glass of wine. Or chocolate even.  Or to sit down with a book, take a nap, etc.  I'm trying very hard not to let my frustration show!

What do you do when you need a "pick me up"?
When my oldest (yes a boy) was almost 4 we went through the same thing.  I asked a neighbor who ran a day care.  He said take something away.  power Rangers was big at the time so I told him only big potty boys could watch Power Rangers.  Worked like a charm. Within a week he was using the toilet all the time.

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pet the kitties
Give my husband a hug
Go for a walk
Listen to music
Go to the gym
Have a glass of wine
Watch something funny on TV
Read

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
if it's because i'm tired or have been doing things all day, then many times i'll have a (-n extra) glass of juice -- i usually only drink one glass per day -- and/or have a couple cookies. other times i'm just needing 10 or 15 minutes to actually do absolutely nothing, just sit and let my mind peacefully wander.

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
- Ballet
- Hang with animals
- Drink Alcohol (Moderation/Responsible, of course!)
- Tea
- Go for a walk
- Watch something funny
- Chat with people I'm close to; family/friends
- Read a good book
- Coffee
- Watch a favourite sport

Last edited:

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
- I will look up my list of events to see if anything cool is coming up and worth going to (helps to have something to look forward to)
- Figure out when I should take off work again
- Plan a vacation (whether or not it actually happens is another story, but sometimes it does)
- Play with my cats
- Look at pictures of my cats, past and/or present (if the kitties of present are asleep and not available to play)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I decided on some time with a book and a few oreos tonight.  I'd put a movie on; but I'm betting I won't stay awake long if I do!  I always lay on the couch at night with Mooch. She's such a love bug!  She's a great stress buster! 
  She's at my feet right now; patiently waiting for me to move to the couch. 

When my oldest (yes a boy) was almost 4 we went through the same thing.  I asked a neighbor who ran a day care.  He said take something away.  power Rangers was big at the time so I told him only big potty boys could watch Power Rangers.  Worked like a charm. Within a week he was using the toilet all the time.
I'm struggling to find what will motivate him.  I told him no TV or kindle time with DD till he can go on the potty by himself.  We already put away his Hess truck that came with a "dozer."  He'll even tell you he can have it when he goes in the potty (I'm trying not to be crude here. 
)  One of the problems I have with him in general is that he is SO laid back it's hard to give a consequence that resonates with him.  I say it jokingly but it's true; if you took away absolutely everything the kid would be content playing with a string he found on the floor.  He has a stuffed toy he is very attached to; but I won't use that.  I think that should be "sacred."  Actually the best way to punish him would be to take him to Kohls.  
  He is my little snuggler and I love him to pieces!  But he's got to get through this!!  

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Actually right now, the animals are a big part of my rotten attitude and I could really use a break from figuring out whether to shut Molli up in the bedroom for the day or if Muffin should go into the bathroom for the day or which gate goes where in the house to stop Jackie from eating cat poop. 

Usually for a pick me up, I will choose a walk over anything else. Right now? And I know it's 7:30 in the morning. A good pick me up would be a good day of doing absolutely nothing but sleeping. Without a cat hissing or spitting for the entire day.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Get my guitar and sing some.
Go shopping
Sit on the porch with a glass of tea or cup of coffee and snuggle with my cat.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
if it's because i'm tired or have been doing things all day, then many times i'll have a (-n extra) glass of juice -- i usually only drink one glass per day -- and/or have a couple cookies. other times i'm just needing 10 or 15 minutes to actually do absolutely nothing, just sit and let my mind peacefully wander.
What sort of juice?