Monday's Question Of The Day - July 31, 2017

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's the last day of July!! :shocked: School starts in about a week here for us. I had originally thought we'd start this week; but one of my favorite authors had a book release today and I don't have all my supplies in order yet. ;) I also need groceries. Which is keeping me from the book that downloaded to my Kindle about 1 o'clock this morning. :seesaw: It's calling my name! Reading has been my biggest stress relief the last 3 months especially. I don't want to be responsible today. I want to read! :p

Where is your relaxing spot?

For me it's the couch with my big couch blanket (a full size comforter that was on my bed as a teenager). I prefer it when it's quiet and I can have a cat in my lap. My Grandpa always had a chair out on their back covered patio and I loved to sit there; but we don't have a covered patio and my girls are indoor only. It's not the same when I sit there alone. :catrub: Maybe someday we can get a screened in patio that will be cat safe. The girls aren't allowed in our bed; so I can't snuggle them and read there. (Although when I was so sick in January Mooch did sneak up there and lay next to me a bit. ;))

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love lying on the settee in my conservatory. I am an avid reader and always have a book on the go, so it's settee, book and my cats. Bliss.

MeganLLB

Accidental Ailurophile
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess the couch. I just bought a new couch and it is getting plently of use. I like sitting on the chase lounge. Bosco is to jealous to ever allow Luna to sit on my lap or pet her for too long. So its the dog on my lap and the cat on the head or arm rest with a crunchy snack and a cold drink

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine is on my bed. My computer is right there and the keyboard and mouse are wireless. I keep my room very dark..I have to. Any other place in the house and I need sunglasses. (too much light gives me a migraine)

amysuen

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Pretty much anywhere I can read interrupted. I prefer the couch, backyard, or bed, but as long as I've got a book I can relax.

mokapi

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My go-to comfy spot is...just the bed. I have a wonderful weighted blanket that immediately makes the stress and anxiety just falls out of my body. I try to drag it around the house, but ultimately, it's comfiest on the bed <3

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I keep my room very dark..I have to. Any other place in the house and I need sunglasses. (too much light gives me a migraine)
I'm so sorry since I share your pain for migraines. :hugs: Fortunately or unfortunately mine are triggered by weather so I only have trouble before storms, high humidity or severe changes in temperature.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
but we don't have a covered patio and my girls are indoor only.
Since you started out talking about school starting soon I didn't realize until rereading this that you were talking about your cats "not" your kids, lol. I feel like such a :doh:.

My absolute favorite relaxing spot has to be the family room sofa. The windows face the yard and a magnificent magnolia tree. I have a cat approved quilt on the sofa and I'm in heaven when I can relax there with a warm cup of freshly roasted coffee. :cloud9:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My bed. It's so comfortable and the cats often join me for a snuggle. I have 7 pillows on the bed and they like to make themselves little nests in between them. :cloud9:

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry since I share your pain for migraines. :hugs: Fortunately or unfortunately mine are triggered by weather so I only have trouble before storms, high humidity or severe changes in temperature.
You are so lucky. Mine can be set off by light, sound, smell or heat (my worst enemy, which is one reason I love winter)

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
You are so lucky. Mine can be set off by light, sound, smell or heat (my worst enemy, which is one reason I love winter)
I hear ya, winter is better for my allergies also. Living in the midwest we get plenty of snow and below zero temps.:cold: Light, sound and/or smell will not trigger a migraine for me but once I have one they can heighten it. :frown: I hope you don't mind if I ask - do you have difficulty going outdoors or shopping in stores with bright lights?

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hear ya, winter is better for my allergies also. Living in the midwest we get plenty of snow and below zero temps.:cold: Light, sound and/or smell will not trigger a migraine for me but once I have one they can heighten it. :frown: I hope you don't mind if I ask - do you have difficulty going outdoors or shopping in stores with bright lights?
I have real dark sunglasses, and as long as I wear them, I'm o.k.
People think I'm being rude and I hear some say "She thinks she needs sunglasses?" or "Is she trying to be cool?"
I wish more people understood that the headache is only a symptom of the migraine. It is so much more than just a bad headache.

On a kind of funny note: The other day I was coming out of a post migraine daze and what I meant to say to my son (and I thought I did say) was "go help grandma pick something out for dinner". What I actually said was "go coconut".

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
The bed. Rick watches a lot of television and it's really nothing I'm interested in watching. I grab either my Nook or my iPad and go to bed to read.

kashmir64 kashmir64 and neely neely I completely understand the migraine thing. Mine is set off by high humidity that goes on for days. I have a combination of migraine and cluster, so when I get a headache, it may start out as a migraine, but then go into a cluster headache that will go on for days on end; I've had them go for a week at a time. I started out with a migraine on Sunday morning and am still dealing with the pain from that today.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Oh, good question!

Last year we bought a hammock, so that is one of my favourite relaxing spots. Although I don't get to use it as often as I'd like. Summers here are short and the monsoon comes right in the middle of them.

Other than that I guess my favourite relaxing spot is the bath, it's the only place the cats don't follow me into.

:lol:

They try to get into the hammock with me.

Toby52.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Since you started out talking about school starting soon I didn't realize until rereading this that you were talking about your cats "not" your kids, lol. I feel like such a :doh:.
Oh I've been struggling to straighten out my terminology since DD was born... 7 1/2 years ago. Mooch and Noodles were our babies for the 5 years before that and... well... I don't know how long it took for me to stop referring to the pediatrician as "the vet." :paperbag: :disappointed:
They try to get into the hammock with me.
I imagine that would be more comfortable if nails and trampling were not involved. :lol: Noodles can jump on me without causing discomfort; but man Mooch is like a tank. Even when she was not so overweight. :crazy: