Monday's Question Of The Day - July 2, 2018

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Greetings from my heat-wave hideaway. I'm reaaaallly wishing we'd been able to install that pool DH and I were looking at last fall. Instead the kids and I are hiding inside with the air conditioner. I'm going to assign extra chores if they don't stop picking at each other though. :p

DH and I were just going over my magazine subscriptions; what to keep and what not. Digital vs Print.

What format do you prefer to magazines in?

Fiction I like really in e-format but a lot of other stuff I can't seem to enjoy as much either on my Kindle or my Kindle Fire. Several magazines include the digital subscription. I like when they are interactive; but at the same time the smaller screen just doesn't seem to have the same effect for me. I prefer to print recipes out; so if its a magazine with those I'm going to want to print something anyway.

At least we can recycle magazines. My kids get to cut up old ones for school projects too. But I'm also cutting back on some of my subscriptions. If I find I'm REALLY missing them; I'll subscribe again. ;)

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My kids get to cut up old ones for school projects too.
:yeah: We use them at school for our students as well. The paper magazines are great for school projects and collages.

i prefer print magazines but don't have a subscription anymore so the only time I get to read them is in the waiting room at the doctor's office. ;)

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
PRINT! Something about glossy photos always draws me in. I used to have Harpers Bazaar for the fine photography of portraits to draw when I was in high school. Cat Fancy of course.

I recently bought a bunch off ebay to add to my collection. Something about those magazines just gives me joy looking at shiny pictures. And always places or people who want to read them when i finish with them.

I remember cutting out pictures in school to make interesting things with.

I dont mind websites but my internet is slow and I find program apps to be much faster than the internet so that's just my preference...beauty magazine or cat magazines..

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Definitely print! I love flicking through the glossy pages. Sometimes photos can be better online but print still remains superior for me!

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't like either, to tell the truth. I got hooked into four "free" subscriptions, and when they die, I will not renew. Real Simple and Better Homes and Gardens have decorating ideas for newbies and recipes that have at least two ingredients I've never heard of and three ingredients I don't have the faintest idea where to buy. Time lags way behind current news, and there's not much news in it anyway. I do enjoy The Smithsonian but don't know if I will continue it.

With the 24-hour news cycle and the Internet chock full of recipes, I just don't need any of these anymore.

bodester413

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Greetings from my heat-wave hideaway. I'm reaaaallly wishing we'd been able to install that pool DH and I were looking at last fall. Instead the kids and I are hiding inside with the air conditioner. I'm going to assign extra chores if they don't stop picking at each other though. :p

DH and I were just going over my magazine subscriptions; what to keep and what not. Digital vs Print.

What format do you prefer to magazines in?

Fiction I like really in e-format but a lot of other stuff I can't seem to enjoy as much either on my Kindle or my Kindle Fire. Several magazines include the digital subscription. I like when they are interactive; but at the same time the smaller screen just doesn't seem to have the same effect for me. I prefer to print recipes out; so if its a magazine with those I'm going to want to print something anyway.

At least we can recycle magazines. My kids get to cut up old ones for school projects too. But I'm also cutting back on some of my subscriptions. If I find I'm REALLY missing them; I'll subscribe again. ;)

I'm the same. I eventually got used to reading fiction ebooks, but I don't see that happening with magazines. It's just not the same on a screen.