Monday's Question of the Day - January 23, 2017

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have been sick for the last several weeks. This past week was really bad but I'm starting to see the light. Although I still feel like I ran 6 miles after making breakfasts for my kids and I and feeding and medicating the cats. Most of what I've been eating has been soup and I'm starting to get tired of it.

What is your favorite kind of soup?

I normally love soup. My favorites are New England Clam chowder, split pea & ham, Italian wedding soup and cream of crab! Tomato soup too if I have a grilled cheese sandwich to go with it. Most of those are too rich for me right now. My pastors wife brought us dinner one day last week and included a big container of vegetable soup from Bob Evans. It was SO good!

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My absolute favorite is Progresso Chicken and Cheese Enchilada. But, um, it's not exactly low-calorie, lol. So I don't have it very often. The ones I have most often are lentil, vegetable beef, and minestrone.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
#1 favorite is won ton from our local Chinese place. Must have crunchy noodles with it. 

I also love homemade French onion, homemade chicken noodle,  homemade beef noodle and Progresso's Chickarina

I do like Campbell's tomato if it is made with milk- not water and it must be accompanied by a grilled cheese sandwich. Grilled- not toasted. 

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i think my favorite kind of soup is chicken noodle, with tomato a very close second. i also love italian wedding soup, though i rarely buy it. i like split pea with ham very much too.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Portuguese Kale, New England clam chowder, French onion, lentil, chicken tortilla...... there's probably a few more.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was laying on the couch after I posted this earlier and I started thinking I might have asked this question recently. Sorry if I did! :anon: I know I asked about sandwiches. :lol3:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I have a lot of favorite soups but right now I'm thinking Butternut Squash soup.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Either cream of broccoli and cheddar, OR corn chowder, depending on my mood.  I also like potato.  Potato is one of those soups that you can add anything to.  With a good basic recipe, the sky is the limit.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't think you did.
I really can't remember and I'm feeling way too lazy to look it up!

Cream of crab is practically divine! Especially topped with a sprinkle of Old Bay seasoning. I'm not sure if that's a regional thing or maybe coastal.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hot and sour soup from a Chinese take-out is my absolute favorite, but it's not one if you're sick. If I'm sick, I like Campbell's chicken noodle soup; their Tuscan chicken noodle soup is good, too.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
French Onion Soup. I can't make it to save my life.....my French Onion Soup doesn't have a good body to it. There's something missing.

I used to really love the French Onion Soup at Outback and it was pretty much the only reason we went there. Outback stopped carrying the soup in many of its restaurants in PA, so we no longer go there.

Rick's favorite soup is a toss-up between Split Pea and NE Clam Chowder. The only split pea soup I'll eat is mine. And I don't eat clam chowder.....period.

Last edited:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I really can't remember and I'm feeling way too lazy to look it up!

Cream of crab is practically divine! Especially topped with a sprinkle of Old Bay seasoning. I'm not sure if that's a regional thing or maybe coastal.
I love Old Bay! I like to go to the seafood counter at Publix (Florida based grocery store chain) and order shrimp that I have them steam with Old Bay- lots of it. it's a service that they do for free. Add some crusty bread and a bit of salad and I'm a happy camper! 

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I love Old Bay! I like to go to the seafood counter at Publix (Florida based grocery store chain) and order shrimp that I have them steam with Old Bay- lots of it. it's a service that they do for free. Add some crusty bread and a bit of salad and I'm a happy camper! 
That sounds like a really yummy dinner!!  Is seafood more reasonably priced in Florida?  If I want GOOD seafood I have to go to a dedicated seafood shop.  We have several; but the prices (and quality) are higher so I don't do that very often.  I could really go for some scallops with butter, garlic and lemon! 

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love Old Bay! I like to go to the seafood counter at Publix (Florida based grocery store chain) and order shrimp that I have them steam with Old Bay- lots of it. it's a service that they do for free. Add some crusty bread and a bit of salad and I'm a happy camper! :yummy:
I can't eat the cooked shrimp that comes frozen and/or thawed from the grocery store because it hasn't been boiled in Old Bay. It's yucky. I have to buy it uncooked and boil it myself.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I can't eat the cooked shrimp that comes frozen and/or thawed from the grocery store because it hasn't been boiled in Old Bay. It's yucky. I have to buy it uncooked and boil it myself.
The shrimp I get from the seafood counter is raw. When I order it they steam it with the Old Bay. It's SO good

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I think I forget how spoiled we are up here in regards to seafood. There is practically a fish market on every corner. I live less than a half hour from the US's biggest fishing port.

Last edited: