Monday's Question Of The Day - January 15, 2018

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sorry Im late. We have some family visiting this weekend so we're having a mini-Christmas today.

My Mom's cat decided he wanted to join in the game of Chutes & Ladders. :lol2:
IMG_2539.JPG

He's curled up with me now though. :catlove:

How do your cats greet you when you get home?

My 2 depend on how hungry they are. Noodles will come ask for food and check out anything we brought in. Especially the groceries! Mooch is actually the more affectionate cat but she tends to either watch from her bed or sit off to the side where she won't get stepped on. Once my kids are out of the way she comes for pets. :petcat:

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All five run up to the door to greet me. The dogs jump up, Samai just brushes up against me and Onsa squeaks. (she still doesn't meow). Then they follow me around like I had abandoned them and none are going to let it happen again.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They usually don't. I have a chest freezer in the kitchen by the front windows. Sometimes Sophie will sit on it and if she's on it and sees me pull up she will go to the door. Lilith doesn't at all. She's the queen of the household and I am expected to greet her- not the other way around.The dog is usually laying in the hall by the front door. More often than not, she doesn't even bother lifting her head in acknowledgement when I have to step over her. She gets a pass though. She's almost 16 years old and quite arthritic.

Kreatorcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Jack sees me once a month or so for two days. He is getting deaf and blind,but the moment he "feels" me,he gets up and becomes my boy again. No sense in trying to make him stay down,even if I just curl up next to him on the bed,the moment he realizes I am there he gets up and loves on me. For Kim(his kitty-mama),when she gets home he starts playing with his toy mouse and running around the apartment. We suspect he is trying to show her he is still a mans-man,and king of the castle. It makes her laugh every time.

Wherever Pepe is in the living room,he just sits there staring at me as I walk in. I go right to him and give him scratchies. By far the most nonplussed cat I have ever seen.

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
The only one I get a welcome from is Seal. He climbs up on my chest and nuzzles. I put my arms around him and hold him for a while. He puts the top of his head down against my arm and purrs and purrs.:redheartpump: Diamond will run around excited, mainly because he thinks - correctly - that it is food time!:clapcat:

Leo cannot be bothered to wake from his nap. :sleepycat: :p But he gives me plenty of affection at other times.:catlove:

Lilah has started to get excited when I get home, though I think that is mainly abut food.:dancingblackcat:

Last edited:

Merlin77

Warrior of SandClan
Super Cat
Purraise
Our three youngsters are absolute ruffians and greet us with charging right at us and assaulting us with purring, meowing and will demand food. Snake, meanwhile, runs up to us like a dog and vibrates her tail very rapidly (basically the cat equivalent of a dog wagging its tail). She's our special kitty.

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
They wait by the door, I see them sit and once they see my car pull up, they start to spin in circles and meow as I come in. Monet will then jump on the table for me to say hello with pets and kisses.

Sometimes I don't see them at the door, but as soon as they hear my car, they appear quickly at the door.

I have a security camera, I'll turn it on before I go home to check on things sometimes. Usually the cats hang out in my bedroom when I am not home. When it's close to time for me to come home, I see them hanging out in the kitchen, watching out the door for me

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes Lelia is on the windowsill as I pull my car into my parking space, but she's always at the door when I open it (as long as it's the back door). Then she hightails it out and into my bedroom because it's playtime, and greetings get in the way of that.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
9 out of 10 times Carleton greets us at the door. If it's past his dinner time he lets out a peep otherwise he comes up to us for pets. Either way he's always glad we're home and makes us feel guilty when we have to leave.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She gets a pass though. She's almost 16 years old and quite arthritic.
Sometimes I feel bad when my mother's dog gets up to greet us because she's old and having trouble with her hips. I try to go to her but she still wants to stand up. Poor ol girl.
Our three youngsters are absolute ruffians and greet us with charging right at us and assaulting us with purring, meowing and will demand food. Snake, meanwhile, runs up to us like a dog and vibrates her tail very rapidly (basically the cat equivalent of a dog wagging its tail). She's our special kitty.
I LOVE when Noodles does "happy tails" like that! It's one of er favorite communications. She does it a lot when she's begging for food. I think of it like "ooohh I'm so cute. Feed me!" :crazy:
They wait by the door, I see them sit and once they see my car pull up, they start to spin in circles and meow as I come in. Monet will then jump on the table for me to say hello with pets and kisses.

Sometimes I don't see them at the door, but as soon as they hear my car, they appear quickly at the door.

I have a security camera, I'll turn it on before I go home to check on things sometimes. Usually the cats hang out in my bedroom when I am not home. When it's close to time for me to come home, I see them hanging out in the kitchen, watching out the door for me
My soul-kitty Glory used to sit on the end of my bed looking out the window every day when I was a kid. She could see me walk up the road from the school bus. :redheartpump:

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles , I love the pretty cat playing the board game. :hearthrob:

Often, Speedy is in the window when I drive into the driveway and I can see her lean forward, like "Is that her"? I see her disappear and I next see her when I open the door. I give her big praises and she runs to her little rug, plops down and loves to get more praises, waiting for me to brush her and more praises. She seems so happy. She doesn't even care about supper, just wants more praises and brushing. :catrub::bluepaw::catrub::bluepaw::catrub::bluepaw::catrub: :redheartpump:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles , I love the pretty cat playing the board game. :hearthrob:
He is such a love bug! He was 1 lb and wanted to literally sit in your pockets when my Mom brought him home. He's 14 years old now and still such a sweetie. I told my DD to bring her fidget spinner for him the next time we go over there! I'm betting he will LOVE it! :lol: Noodles likes them but shes never gotten excited over a game spinner!

amysuen

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've never noticed our cats coming to greet ME, but when DH comes home they go running to the door to greet him. Maybe because I'm home most of the time and rarely go away alone so they're confused when I do? :lol:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles that's a great picture! Banshee used to sit on my lap while we played cards with friends. Sometimes I'd ask her what card I should discard and she'd reach out and touch a card; sometimes, I'd play the card she touched, but not always. Hydrox, The Old Coot, would lay on the top of the Scrabble game and try to "hide" the tiles from us. Then when we'd reach into the box to get a tile, he'd swat at us. "My tiles! Leave them alone!"

The Beast meets me as I come in the front door. The cats are around the steps, but away from thundering Beast paws.

From the cats: Feed us. Feed us NOW! Starving!

From The Beast: Gotta pee, gotta pee, gotta pee right NOW!

Kreatorcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Great thread! I love reading this kinda stuff. Thanks to the o.p.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
DD tried to get Noodles to play with the spinner from Chutes & Ladders this morning. She watched the spinner but smacked DD instead. Typical! :flail: