Monday's Question of the Day - February 9, 2015

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
(When we first got married, Dear Richard wanted his jeans ironed. So I did what any loving wife would do; I showed him how to use the iron! :D )
:lol3::lol3::lol3: Aaron irons his own clothes most of the time. He's been doing it since we get married. His mother was horrified when she heard that. :rolleyes:

I really don't iron often. Once in a while I need to touch up a shirt or something, but that's it.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I wish some of you that don't iron would clue me in on how not to iron. My clothes never dry without wrinkles if I hang them up to dry. Also, the ones that I dry most of the time still need some touchup. You all must know some secret I don't know.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I wish some of you that don't iron would clue me in on how not to iron. My clothes never dry without wrinkles if I hang them up to dry. Also, the ones that I dry most of the time still need some touchup. You all must know some secret I don't know.
Wear jeans.  

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I actually put a timer on upstairs so I can take the clothes from the dryer 1 minute before they are done with the cycle. Hanging when wet definitely doesn't work, wrinkles galore!  I put my sweaters and delicates on delicate for a few minutes while I stand there, I don't trust myself to remember. I rarely have to iron anything, just our 'good' clothes to look sharper, and sometimes blouses that need to be washed a few times before they finally are wrinkle free from the dryer, for some reason some do this. Otherwise I am not near as picky on how my clothes look as I get older, I guess because I have more wrinkles on my face then I do on my clothes!

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
betsygee betsygee I wear jeans every day around the house. I don't care if they are wrinkled. For the ones I wear out to the store, etc., yes I iron them with creases. My husband has a lot of dress shirts and they never look good unless I press them and use some spray starch on the front and collar. I am just attached to the iron, with no ironless future in sight.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
@betsygee I wear jeans every day around the house. I don't care if they are wrinkled. For the ones I wear out to the store, etc., yes I iron them with creases. My husband has a lot of dress shirts and they never look good unless I press them and use some spray starch on the front and collar. I am just attached to the iron, with no ironless future in sight.
Wow, that's impressive!  I work at a surveying company, very small and very casual.  I've been wearing jeans, t-shirts and sneakers to work and everywhere else for years.  I always say that when I need to dress up, I wear black jeans instead of blue ones.