Monday's Question Of The Day - December 18, 2017

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I know it's REALLY early for many of us; but this little guy is kind of the theme of my upcoming week :runaround:; so I don't want to forget the QOTD! :noway:

Christmas is in 1 week. ONE week! :bliss:and :runaround:! :santa: :deer:

What is your to-do list like this week?

I will be baking and cleaning! We've already been on Christmas break; but I still have plenty to do to get the house ready for company and festive pictures. I've done most of my shopping for Christmas dinner. A friend of mine is very very pregnant and I was able to find one of her older daughter's most desired gifts; so I picked it up for her and I need to get that to her. I haven't wrapped anything yet either. I also need to find time to pick up some gift cards for the kid's Sunday school teachers. I have crafts for the kids to do too. :santa::deer:

Good thing I've planned some crock pot dinners! :crazy:

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
There's not a lot to do except finish the cards, which I'll do tonight. I only have ten or eleven left. Naturally, they're the TCS ones.

Since our granddaughter is no longer with us, we don't have any real shopping to do. We don't buy for family or each other. I guess you could consider Robert's iPhone X and the new TV our holiday gifts.

I do have to decide what we're going to eat for the week and for Christmas dinner. I'm vacillating between trying a very expensive standing rib roast and a beer can turkey or chicken. Last year lobster were very cheap, so we bought six and ate them until the world looked level.

I would like to make the rest of the umpty-dozen cookies I planned. I love baking cookies. The cinnamon bun cookies are long gone and Robert is polishing off the chocolate truffle cookies while I demolish the apple hermits. We need cookies like a moose needs a hatrack.

Oh, Robert has cat stockings to make and I have to fill them. Good old Chewy! Over Christmas, we'll be cat sitting the lovely Miss Kitty, who lives across the street, so she has to have a stocking, too. Her parents always bring us a goody bag for doing it, even though we keep telling them it's not necessary. I think she and Robert have a thing going because she ignores her food to hop into his lap for a while.

Being retired is wonderful!

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And one week after Christmas is New Year's Day, which is when I'm supposed to go on Medicare. My biggest item for this week is getting supplemental insurance sorted out, so that I can have full coverage as soon as possible.

Margret

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Write Christmas Cards for relatives in Japan. I've already posted the international ones.

Screw the sponge and rubber glove holder I bought onto the wall beside the kitchen sink.

Find out if our kotatsu (A kind of heated table....it's hard to explain) actually works.

If the kotatsu works, but a cheap rug to go under it and a thick cover to go over the top.

Buy a ton of cat litter and cat food (As always)

Call the shelter that is helping me re-home our foster kittens to ask about getting them spayed and neutered this week. They're all over 1.5 kilos now!

:woo:

Get some of that salted grit to put on the front path and steps.

Clean. If the kittens are going to be fixed this week that will give me chance to properly clean their room.

There's probably plenty more things that need doing too, but that's enough for now.

:lol:

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tomorrow I have to go to town. But after that, I'm putting on my jammies, hiding my car keys and not leaving again unless it's an absolute emergency.
I need to find a tv show I haven't seen so I can binge watch.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i've got two Christmas cards to write. quite a few chores around the house, some just small things and others that are 'big to do's'. other than that, usual things like working on my budget and planning, thawing foods, making bread machine bread, and etc. oh, and will move firewood.

i've already got my cats Christmas stockings stuffed, and their gifts that i give them on Christmas Eve ready to pull out and give them.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Oh geez. Shopping is done for our granddaughter and our DIL, but that's it. We're going down to Dick's tonight to look for what's on our son's and our grandson's lists. I'm still waiting for Dear Richard to make up his mind; he's been caught between two items and is still dithering about them. I don't care what he decides, but he needs to do something here....I don't do well under pressure! I told him....just tell me! Just tell me!

Trying to figure something out for my sister and BIL. I'm working on small food-type things to put into a nice basket for Rick's mother.

The cookies are finished and I don't care if I ever see another cookie for....well, until I have to make snickerdoodles again for Rick. I should have a couple of months leeway there (I think). Candy-making for either some night this week or (weather permitting) maybe it can wait til Saturday. Almond brittle, dark chocolate crunch, marshmallows, and Mother Dragon Mother Dragon 's fudge. Roasting peanuts at some point. I'm thinking sticky buns on Sunday morning. I was going to try a new caramel recipe, but maybe next year. At this point, I'm waiting until after Christmas to make kolaches for Ricks' mom.

Rick does the gift-wrapping, so all I have to do is wrap his gifts....I do have a couple of things for him, mainly stocking stuffer-type things, but waiting to see what exactly he wants.

I always swear I'm going to start early for Christmas and then I go through the last-minute hassles anyway.

Last edited:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
We bought holiday gifts for the employees at our local independent pet store and still have to deliver them. I think all the cards have been sent unless I get an unexpected one and have to reciprocate.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Aaron's work has some type of "Cookie Party" tomorrow, so I have make cookies today for him to bring in. I think I have all of the ingredients here, but I have to double-check.

I finished wrapping yesterday. I have one gift that should be delivered here today that I'll have to wrap.

Clean the house, but that will be later in the week.

Bake an apple bread for the woman across the street.

Figure out what I'm bringing to my brother's house on Christmas Eve, shop and prepare.

Figure out what I'm cooking for Christmas Eve day (I have a friend and her family come over), shop and prepare.

Make chocolate chip cookies for Christmas day and a shrimp dip also.

Christmas is also the last day of my family's fantasy football league, so I have to get the prizes squared away, etc.

I'm sure I'm forgetting stuff. :agree:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm done, but I always am being so OCD. I did almost all my shopping online this year, much easier! Everythings wrapped, cards were sent two weeks ago, just waiting for some last minute ordering my mother in law wanted, she always waits too long, even with my prompting. Two of the things she ordered will be in after Christmas. I have everything bought for the Christmas baking, have the chicken broth made and frozen for the homemade chicken and noodles I make every Christmas. I'll make the noodles Sat. and have it ready. I'm baking a torte cake with real whipped cream frosting for my husband, homemade salted nut rolls, cherry mash, (which I've already made one batch to give to paperboy, mailman, etc.) and little loaves of banana bread which I'm baking today since they freeze well. Saturday will be a BUSY baking day. I'm ready!!!

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
No one will be at our house this week but us and the cats. We're meeting my family on Weds. for a Christmas breakfast at a restaurant and going over to my stepdaughter's house for Christmas Eve, so no extra cooking or cleaning for me. :yess: :lol:

I have a few gifts to wrap for those 2 events, and some cards to write. Sunday morning I'll make a vegetarian lasagna to take to SD's house to share. That's about it, it will be an easy week. :)

bodester413

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I need to go grocery shopping. I should have done it last week and now being so close to Christmas the stores are crazy 24/7. I want to make a batch of Soft, Spicy, Heavenly Ginger Cookies. I've avoided making them for ages because I usually end up eating them all myself.....They're so good with the fresh and ground ginger and all the other spices.

Spicy Ginger Cookies Recipe - Genius Kitchen

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've added 2 coughing kiddos to my week here.

I just got the packages shipped and Christmas cards dropped in the box. I hate taking the kids places when they are coughing but I couldn't wait. I told them to not breathe on anyone or anything and went to the fastest post office in the area. :agree: Both were in their pjs. :lol: Now they are back on the couch with Christmas movies.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have two couples to buy a gift for. We have been doing gift cards in the past and that has worked well. I am thinking a card to one of our local restaurants for each couple. I have a gift to wrap for our daughter. I have a turkey breast that is going to be our meal for the weekend. I will take that out later this week and let it thaw in the fridge. I don't send many cards, only send back when we receive one in the mail. I will have some special grocery shopping to do later this week to be sure I have everything I need to cook.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I think I am pretty much done.

I need to sign my niece up for a winter camp at the local animal shelter this week. Presents are already wrapped and under the tree (or hidden away until Santa comes depending on what it is).

I divide up presents Christmas morning so I pay attention to how many each person has leading up. If someone has significantly less then others I buy a $1 to $5 item(s) to wrap so they have something else to open. I like to make sure everyone has a steady flow of things to unwrap and no one finishes way before everyone else. I was going to buy a small something for my brother, but he stole the golf clubs I won this weekend instead (okay, not stole but it sounds more dramatic. We are calling it a timeshare, he uses them but they are mine and he can't sell them). I already told him that because of that he will be sitting for a while Christmas morning unless I take a club or two to wrap. He declined because he wants to play this weekend to try them out; boys. Maybe I should get him some golf balls to open Christmas morning, lol.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I want to make a batch of Soft, Spicy, Heavenly Ginger Cookies. I've avoided making them for ages because I usually end up eating them all myself.....They're so good with the fresh and ground ginger and all the other spices. Spicy Ginger Cookies Recipe - Genius Kitchen
I love ginger spice cookies! :yummy: Thank you so much for including the recipe so I don't have to ask. :yess:

amysuen

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Bake cookies! I thought I was doing really well on Christmas until this past weekend I realized I hadn't baked any cookies yet. Last night I made the dough for pecan snowballs in between making cat food, and tonight I hope to either bake those or make dough for candy cane cookies. I also need to get stocking stuffers for DH, and the two of us need to get stocking stuffers for the kids. I'm off Friday so hopefully we won't get the snow that's forecast so I can run errands in the morning, then bake all afternoon. I'm also waiting for a handful of last-minute presents to arrive so I can wrap them, but that's a quick before-bed job.