Monday's Question of the Day - August 29, 2016

louann jude

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Nay but I don't like the pie's either. I love pumpkin rolls but I don't add cloves just cinnamon and nutmeg. I love the custard pies from McDonalds that you can only get in the fall/winter. 

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise

I LOVE pumpkin spice in just about any form. I don't drink coffee but ice cream, cake, pie, muffins, doughnuts, cookies, I always look forward to the Fall.  I buy a pumpkin bread from Whole Foods that has a mild pumpkin spice flavor and I really like it. Fortunately, that isn't around very long.However, I do agree, however, that August is too early. By the time Thanksgiving comes, I've had an overload.
   My friends call me the Pumpkin Girl.  I love pumpkin and pumpkin spice flavored foods in the fall.  BUT, it's too soon.  A couple of my friends are already sharing pumpkin recipes with me on FB.  Noooooo, not in August!  

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not fond of pumpkin, period.  I make my own coffee and use cashew milk instead of creamer and stevia instead of sugar, and I like it that way.

I saw all the Halloween things in the grocery store starting about three weeks ago, as in, "Huh, it must be August -- look at all the jack-o-lanterns!"  We'll start getting Thanksgiving things in the stores about mid-October, and Christmas things immediately after Halloween.  The grocery store I usually go to has a double aisle permanently devoted to "Seasonal" items, and there apparently aren't enough holidays for them to fill it legitimately so they have to stretch out the holidays we have.  It's enough to make a person tired of holidays altogether, when they're no longer something special.

Margret

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I'm not fond of pumpkin, period.  I make my own coffee and use cashew milk instead of creamer and stevia instead of sugar, and I like it that way.

I saw all the Halloween things in the grocery store starting about three weeks ago, as in, "Huh, it must be August -- look at all the jack-o-lanterns!"  We'll start getting Thanksgiving things in the stores about mid-October, and Christmas things immediately after Halloween.  The grocery store I usually go to has a double aisle permanently devoted to "Seasonal" items, and there apparently aren't enough holidays for them to fill it legitimately so they have to stretch out the holidays we have.  It's enough to make a person tired of holidays altogether, when they're no longer something special.

Margret
I worked for Hallmark while I was in college.  Constantly rolling from one holiday to another really does sap the fun out of the holidays!  And i remember people looking for Christmas cards in the summer and that sort of thing.  It shocked me back then.  But it's one thing when it's a store that is dedicated to gifts and giving and another when it's all over and in every store you go in. 

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Margret
I worked for Hallmark while I was in college.  Constantly rolling from one holiday to another really does sap the fun out of the holidays!  And i remember people looking for Christmas cards in the summer and that sort of thing.  It shocked me back then.  But it's one thing when it's a store that is dedicated to gifts and giving and another when it's all over and in every store you go in. 
Slightly off-topic:  Why is Halloween like Christmas?

Hint:  This is a mathematical joke.  If that turns you off, don't check the spoiler.
Because 31 Oct. = 25 Dec.

i.e. 31 base 8 = 25 base 10.

And, incidentally, October used to be the eighth month and December the tenth month, which is how they got those names.
Margret

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
:crackup: I just found this question. YAY to pumpkin spice! YAY!!!!!