Momo Johnson Has Crossed To Rainbow Bridge. Need Help...

riccana johnson

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
4/25/17 My baby boy Momo has crossed to Rainbow Bridge. His CBC came back with off the charts Diabetes and early signs of Kidney failure. If anyone here remembers Momo, he had a battle with his pancreas last year in August. I had to for the first time in my life make the choice on my own. I don't want to go into details cause I will just cry so hard again, but I did manage to get him to the vet with his favorite doctor, he went peacefully. They decided to knock him out so he was asleep before he actually "went to sleep." I have not been handling this well at all. Its affecting my work, home, I don't feel motivated, I feel at fault, like I did a bad job taking care of him etc. I don't know what to do...I feel like everything is falling apart around me and I can't maintain myself when I got two young fur babies here at home also mourning. Artemis is handling himself OK I guess but Smokey, the youngest is pacing back and forth, sniffing, and sleeping by the front door, I think he is waiting for Momo to come home. I am at a loss here. This is the second companion in my life I have lost, for some reason despite my random bouts of crying, seems more full of shame and more negative feelings. We gave Momo a much better home than he had before.

We adopted Momo when he was 4 years old, helped him lost as much weight as we could, gave him everything he needed from the beginning as he was medically needy from the start. His previous family didn't do a good job and they were further up the income ladder than we were. We went broke for him but at the same time he had everything he ever needed...He had issues with his bladder, Feline Idiopathic cystitis which over time we improved a lot between his diet and environment. Then his Pancreas, we just never prepared for Diabetes to be a result of what was to come from his pancreas. I am still in shock, I feel so torn in between everything and I know when I pick up his urn in a few days I will be shattered to pieces...I am not prepared...It hurts so much, no matter how much I cry or force myself to adjust, I simply can't.
I dont have recent images of my baby boy Momo on my laptop but this is him

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know you did all you could for that beautiful boy, and you went further than many would. You gave him the most important thing in his life, your love and caring. Momo would be the last to want you to feel this way because of him, you even were with him at the end, not allowing him to suffer and surrounding him with your love.
Your world was filled with him and his needs, now that he is gone the void in your life is especially felt. Know the bond of love you formed over that time he shared your life will never leave you, it is a part of you now and will be in your heart and soul for all time. You did much for that little boy and he loves you for it. Don't feel like you failed when all he wanted was your love, you gave him time that he would have certainly never had elsewhere. Everything you did, you did out of love, that can't be wrong. But sometimes it is still not enough. Their little bodies can only take so much, and there comes a time when you have to let go, to cease the suffering from conditions that are not curable. Yes it hurts, the pain is unbarible at times. But there is nothing that can change the past and we must go on as they would want for us.
Make that past full of joy because you shared your life with him for a while, not full of pain from his leaving. He was in your life for a reason, it would have been tragic to never have known his love at all.
My heart breaks for you and what you are going through, you are not alone in your grief. Take comfort from your memories of happier times, and draw comfort from those who are mourning with you, those two little ones need you too. I'll keep you all in my thoughts and prayers, take care.......RIP sweet Momo, you will always be dearly missed but never forgotten. You will be held in a loving heart forever more. Sleep tight, little Prince!

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
riccanna,

I am so very sorry about your Momo. He was so beautiful! It will take time.
Take all the time you need.

So many of us here have lost beloved kitties so you have come to the right
place.

Rest in Peace, darling boy.

Hugs,

Mia

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope a little time has put some things in perspective, I wanted you to know I'm thinking of you and crying with you. It hurts so much at times we feel helpless in it's path. Try to remember you gave him love and that is all he ever wanted. He would never want you to be so sad. As we get older the loss of a loved one hits us harder and reminds us of our own mortality. It takes something from us that we can't replace, but we can fill that void with the love of those left behind to mourn with us. Don't let the pain rule your life, we must go on and find happiness and love once more, as they would want. You have a big heart and a lot to offer. God bless you for hurting so bad from loving so much.

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your post brought me to tears. You loved your boy and he knew it. I am so sorry that you are suffer so much

amysuen

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He is absolutely beautiful, and looks very happy and loved in that photo.

RIP Momo, and hugs to you. :grouphug: