Momma cat

Crazy Cat Momma

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a mama cat that was dumped outside our house we have took her in found out that she has cancer also found out that she was pregnant she is quite far along in her pregnancy and we have also found out that she has no nipples they are like not there she has one nipple up by her rib cage but that's it the rest are like non-existent I have been around a lot of pregnant cats in my ears and I have never come across this at all any advice anybody can give me I would be very grateful is anybody else ever seen this?
IMG_20230429_211322.jpg
IMG_20230429_211706.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

MunsyMunster

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Bless her poor little heart…I would contact a vet as soon as possible…the babies can’t nurse so they would have to be bottle fed…I’m so sorry she is going through this…it’s heartbreaking

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I have a mama cat that was dumped outside our house we have took her in found out that she has cancer also found out that she was pregnant she is quite far along in her pregnancy and we have also found out that she has no nipples they are like not there she has one nipple up by her rib cage but that's it the rest are like non-existent I have been around a lot of pregnant cats in my ears and I have never come across this at all any advice anybody can give me I would be very grateful is anybody else ever seen this?View attachment 448746View attachment 448747
Ah I understand sort off the villain dumped her... Much work for this lazy and evil person...
But YOUR karma will grow enourmously! :)

Lacking nipples is rare, but we had recently some example of this. Perhaps that one nipple will get going, and so you may use it for the "mandatory" runt.
But otherwise, its just to prepare for handfeeding, hoping momma will be strong enough to do the rest; ie washing, cuddling, giving motherly warmth...

You said she has cancer?

Kittens whom have momma, are often difficult to bottle, so most rescuers must use syringe (mini miracle nipple is good as extra) or dropper if they havent the proper gears But if they arent used to nurse on momma, you will probably be able to use bottle. This is easier and safer...

Raw goats milk is good, because it comes from a living momma... Otherwise some good KMR; perhaps this in powder from PetAg, which is called KMR.

ps. This lazy owner had probably not bothered either to give her good food.
So you must try and give her the best food; mother or kitten type, and also, some nice vitamine preparate sholdnt hurt...
Goats milk is a nice supplement; for this adult cat it doesnt need to be raw goats milk (its good but pricey).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Crazy Cat Momma

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ah I understand sort off the villain dumped her... Much work for this lazy and evil person...
But YOUR karma will grow enourmously! :)

Lacking nipples is rare, but we had recently some example of this. Perhaps that one nipple will get going, and so you may use it for the "mandatory" runt.
But otherwise, its just to prepare for handfeeding, hoping momma will be strong enough to do the rest; ie washing, cuddling, giving motherly warmth...

You said she has cancer?

Kittens whom have momma, are often difficult to bottle, so most rescuers must use syringe (mini miracle nipple is good as extra) or dropper if they havent the proper gears But if they arent used to nurse on momma, you will probably be able to use bottle. This is easier and safer...

Raw goats milk is good, because it comes from a living momma... Otherwise some good KMR; perhaps this in powder from PetAg, which is called KMR.

ps. This lazy owner had probably not bothered either to give her good food.
So you must try and give her the best food; mother or kitten type, and also, some nice vitamine preparate sholdnt hurt...
Goats milk is a nice supplement; for this adult cat it doesnt need to be raw goats milk (its good but pricey).
Thank you for all your advice we always get dumped cats out here and we take them in get them fixed and if they can be rehomed we will find them loving homes we have plenty on kitten formula on hand because I've bottle fed bunches of litters of kittens over many years we have 11 rescue cats indoors and 12 outside 😊 and we love them all we just can't turn them away. I've just never seen a cat with no nipples before and thought it odd was wondering if anyone else has ever seen something like this before.

Crazy Cat Momma

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Bless her poor little heart…I would contact a vet as soon as possible…the babies can’t nurse so they would have to be bottle fed…I’m so sorry she is going through this…it’s heartbreaking
I've bottle fed many kittens before I've got that part cover it's just sad. Vet said the cancer is to progressive their isn't much they can do at this point we are just going to let her have this litter and she will not have to worry about becoming pregnant again and she can just enjoy the rest of her time with us being pampered

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
This is very sad. Thank you for taking her in. You are very kind!

What kind of cancer did the vet say she has? Is it mammary cancer?

Does the vet think she will give birth soon?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I lost a cat to mammary cancer a few months ago. She had been a pregnant stray I took in who had 4 kittens. I kept them all. Mama was so sweet. Her babies are 8 years old now and her only daughter still misses her terribly.

Once the cancer has progressed there is no cure. Hopefully mom can love on her babies for a bit, but she may need pain meds soon if it’s very advanced.

Let us know how the delivery goes and how the kittens are doing!

Crazy Cat Momma

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I lost a cat to mammary cancer a few months ago. She had been a pregnant stray I took in who had 4 kittens. I kept them all. Mama was so sweet. Her babies are 8 years old now and her only daughter still misses her terribly.

Once the cancer has progressed there is no cure. Hopefully mom can love on her babies for a bit, but she may need pain meds soon if it’s very advanced.

Let us know how the delivery goes and how the kittens are doing!
She has had three baby's so far one being still born I tried to save it but couldn't and now on fourth