Momma Cat Has 9 Babies

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sharon Phil

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The little ones are enjoying their pup tent. Took the idea from another thread where there were 9 babies. Their weights are good. They are teething so they love chewing on the nipple. Walking around and playing with each other. Love just sitting and watching them, better than TV.

When should I start introducing food to them? They will be 4 weeks Thursday.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Anytime after 4 weeks, but bear in mind that some of them may not be ready until 5 or even 6 weeks.

They look great! Love the tent! :)

Sharon Phil

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I will see how feeding goes next week. Thank you.

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
What an adorable healthy looking bunch of kittens! You will be so relieved when they start eating on their own! I know I was when I was supplementing and rotating my litter of 8! What a good momma to be nursing so many!

Sharon Phil

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They are 5 weeks now. I only have one eating from a bowl. The others seem to prefer the bottle but they act like they are still hungry. Are they just not ready? I have tried plain KMR, the milk plus baby food chicken and also a gruel with kitten food and KMR. The one eating likes it all(so does momma). Any suggestions or just keep offering. They are so playful and sweet.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Beautiful kittens! They look very sweet. :lovecat2:

Continue offering. They will all be eating soon - most by 6 weeks. Then you will not believe how much and how often they will eat!